Layher TG60 system as supplied by George Roberts NW Ltd (1 Viewer)

ajy1979

Reaction score
Bowercross Construction, a major subcontractor to the multinational joint venture Galliford/Costain/Atkins (GCA), chooses George Roberts NW Ltd to supply the new TG60 Layher Falsework support system for their contract on Liverpool's Wellington Dock Water Treatment Plant, which is to be owned and operated by United Utilities.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4XGrUNU9w]Layher TG60 Falsework System - George Roberts NW Ltd - YouTube[/ame]

Excellent product,but would this be to exspensive to use on your average job,though it does look like the cost could be offset in time saved,and good to see phil gorton as knowledgeable as ever,good company are georges boys:cool:

Steel components make it a lot more robust than ally.

Being able to use allround gear with it makes it handy for scaffold companies with that kit to be a bit more diverse in the market.

Looks good

Excellent product,but would this be to exspensive to use on your average job,though it does look like the cost could be offset in time saved,and good to see phil gorton as knowledgeable as ever,good company are georges boys:cool:

You must be good mates with him BF.

I've always had to call him Philip :mad:

Steel components make it a lot more robust than ally.

Being able to use allround gear with it makes it handy for scaffold companies with that kit to be a bit more diverse in the market.

Looks good

Alshor and GASS are pretty robust and have a leg loading of 120KN. Plus they have a quick release jack which is a lot quicker when striking than a traditional u-head with spindle.
Being aluminium its easier to handle and reduces labour costs.

Shame both people in the video are not complying with the head protection regulations 1996 wearing hats/caps under the hard hat. Sad I know

Looks like Bowercross do a bit of this formwork crack, think they might know when theyre onto a good product for the job theyre on?

Or maybe ze germans have shares in the company!

Thanks for the comments, its a huge project and its good as a local company to be involved with it.

If anybody wants further details etc, get in touch with us. sales@scaffoldingsales.com

The problem with the GASS and Alshor systems is how you build them safely and to latest regulations especially at the heights theyve used the Layher system at

why not just use layher standards and 1 m lifts?
if you have the gear already+ you can use double handrail if you want which the frame doesnt offer.

I would get bored erecting that... Any joey could chuck it up. I've worked on sites where Lithuanian, Bosnians are 'scaffolders' using a similar system and think they are the tits.

Check out the brickies level in the video used to set it up

I would get bored erecting that... Any joey could chuck it up. I've worked on sites where Lithuanian, Bosnians are 'scaffolders' using a similar system and think they are the tits.

So just like all scaffolding then? People are getting delusions of grandeur. Scaffolding is labouring nothing technical or hard about it apart from the physical side.

I feel that any system/item of equipment that would make it easier for scaffs to complete the job would be seen as an advantage rather than something which is boring to erect however perhaps thats just me and a handful of others!

If anybody wants further details let me know. Thanks

So just like all scaffolding then? People are getting delusions of grandeur. Scaffolding is labouring nothing technical or hard about it apart from the physical side.

No delusions at all my friend, I'm well aware of every aspect of this trade and have to agree it is indeed a glorified labouring experience... but any scaffolder worth his salt would admit this is not 'real' scaffolding.

I'm all for speedy, quicker and safer methods to achieve the same result, this type of formwork is very situational and probably out of cost reach for most businesses.

Top Bottom