Tube and Fitting in OZ

LeonRouse

Reaction score
I will be looking for a job in roughly 2 months in australia, Im an advanced scaff but preferre to work with tube and fitting if possible? does anyone know of any companys that mainly use it? Cheers.

Tube & Fitting is not common in Australia depending on the particular job - Hanging scaff ect..or otherwise refineries, offshore, piping and lagging work. Most of the scaffolding is modular - Kwikstage, Cuplock and now Layher.

I'm here now an the quality of the jobs they put up here is shocking.. Cover 2ft gaps with plywood, ladder access 3 boards wide and no bracing! Kwik stage is ****! I'm
On the look out for a t + f firm.. Will let u know when I find one!

I'm here now an the quality of the jobs they put up here is shocking.. Cover 2ft gaps with plywood, ladder access 3 boards wide and no bracing! Kwik stage is ****! I'm
On the look out for a t + f firm.. Will let u know when I find one!

I found that when I was there and wouldn't really class Ozzies as scaffs coz they didn't have a clue. U could get an ozzy advanced card in 2 days n all they had to do out of t&f was a ramp and I don't mean a ramp like u do here on ur advanced. One plus point to this I found was they'd bite ur hand off if you said ur Brit scaff so really easy to get work plus they'd give loads of hours over the ozzies coz they couldn't do it.

get in touch with cape, kaefer, agc-mas, or just look on seek.com.au the majority of work is with layer bud,but you do get some quality time with tube.thats through my experiance in ozzie. im currently in nz at the moment with kaefer doin a bit offshore and when im not offshore i use tube if im working on origin energy sites. but overall the majority is system pal.

when in rome boys.
Aussie work is generally in system, 90% of which is kwik stage, layher is becoming popular.
If your coming down bring yer hammer and you never know you may learn something.
Aussies can get a fair lump up in a day, when you find a good crew.

Main thing to understand is everyone except scaffolders think in metres or feet of work platform delivered for the clients trades to work on.

Whether its tube or system, it only has a consequence when it takes longer to deliver/erect/dismantle.

One last thing to remember, this applies everywhere including in the UK.

So pay attention when your in rome

Mostly only the one's at your level HSWT,

the lads think about their wage packets and getting out the gate!

Celtic, fraid youre right there mate, less and less interest in the job mostly as scaffolders dont get the respect they deserve.

Yea but its finding the big jobs that are paying premiums for tight deadlines...getting fewer and fewer these days, especially in the UK.

Top Bottom