Bearing Pressure (1 Viewer)

Good informative post IDH, thanks for that. I tend to favour the old "You must provide us with a hard compact level surface to found our scaffold from, able to sustain the self weight of the structure and any load you intend to place upon it using normal sized sole pads.";)

Does that mean we need to know what way the grain is going before we lay a sole pad down?

AOM - you're welcome & best approach.
I'd steer well clear of this and keep it in the Main Contractors basket. They all know they need to provide this and asking you or us to make any sort of assessment on this without paying for it is just rude and passing the liability buck.

Best way to check grain is rub it on your arse - if you get a splinter you are difinitely rubbing with the grain.:bigsmile:

Now you know Alastair:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

If the splinter causes a cut on your bum and it goes poisonous is it ars nick?

Think this is definitely one for the apprentice to try out.:laugh:

A client once asked me if i could use foot long base boards for a church tower scaffold, Trying to explain to him that the bearing pressure would be in excess of 13 tonnes was quite astonishing. I think we ended up using 5 foot boards as Road plates in the end.

Top Bottom