terminology (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Its funny how things are said different through out the country like Stripping -striking and deck of boards - fleet of boards also doubles - R A's(right angles). Anyone got any more

What about
Barney Rubble - Double or Mandy Dingles - Singles
Toppers ect - loads of termanolodgy

Its funny how things are said different through out the country like Stripping -striking and deck of boards - fleet of boards also doubles - R A's(right angles). Anyone got any more

First day on the tools as a bottom hand, I walk on to site and the top hand yells down and asks me to start throwing up 'Fanny Clips'. (Long time ago - back when you could lob stuff up). After a bit of shouting up and down, finally figured he meant a putloc clip.

Since then, and seeing people all over the country with CASE, it's putloc clips that get the most variations: singles, fanny clips, pc's, clips, enders etc

However about 20 years ago I spent a very confusing morning in Birmingham, trying to teach I bloke who's accent I couldn't understand how to use CASE. He kept going on about the 'Legg' on a scaffold. Wasn't till his manager arrived in the afternoon, that I found out he meant the tower on a chimney stack.:unsure:

I think bombing's the same wherever you go. :D

Board retaining clamp = helicopter clip

Two styles of wrap overs = pigs ears and half backs

Ready lock transom units = reds, bones/dog bones, double arms

System Scaffolds = bang bang

Kwik Stage = yellow peril, yellow jelly

Top Bottom