Cecol 1981... (1 Viewer)

Joe90

Reaction score
Any Tubular Technicians out there that went to Bircham Newton on a CECOL 12 month residential course 1981?

sorry sep 92, to july 93. was a working RAF base back in them days wernt it lol

Hi ash,i was at bircham sep,92 july93.you must be tubitt ash!if it is hows it going?

i was in your gang m8,you living in skegg now then?Or in still in notts?

i live in skeg now, about 4 years. so come on who is it? infact i know who it is haha how you doing mate are you still living in lincoln???

Yes you sussed it mate!Im good thanks,yes im still in lincoln!So you have your own firm now,you doing ok then?

i thought it was mate, s62 was it? i spoke to a lad called lee the other week, says he works with you! small world init. yea got atlas scaffolding in skegness been going for 2 years almost. is anyone else on here from bircham?

Was on first course at Cecol in 1975. George Mckay was lead instructor
Wages were £4.75 per week. Worked for SGB but left the game in 1979. Don't miss the circus but still remember the Character clowns? It was a great grounding in life.

sc12 in 1977 to 78, just after the war

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

1977 to 78 cecol £5.20 per week, 60p for the tv £2 for the coach home and a few bob for the washing left about 32 to spend in the beano

Yes i went to bircham in may 77 for part 1 then sept 77 for my part 2 it had just stopped being used by the RAF , how fooking old am i Ha Ha

Sept 92 - July 93
S85
£35 per week. Tv = free
Coach to Peterborough = free
Washing = you guessed it Free !!! lol

Yes i went to bircham in may 77 for part 1 then sept 77 for my part 2 it had just stopped being used by the RAF , how fooking old am i Ha Ha

Pretty fooking old, there aint many still twirling the spanners through 2 jubilee years.:bigsmile:

Top Bottom