Helo bettertax (1 Viewer)

longun

Reaction score
I got a letter from the tax man saying i owe £360 for self assesment tax.... What?????? Can you explain why the tax man is chasing me for money! I done my tax refund through you 2 years ago, then last year i owed the tax man £800 as they had me on the wrong tax code for the year.... Now they want more money???? I am on paye and im sick of the tax office sending me letters....

Hi Longun,

Sorry for not replying, I've been away.

Please give the office a call 01280 821020 to find out what that is about. This is one of the problems with HMRC changing tax codes based on what happened 2 or 3 years ago. We keep high lighting this and we don't always know when codes have been changed until clients tell us.

Do please call.

Better tax?? Could u give me a rough idea of ur fees for a sole trader many thanks

Better tax?? Could u give me a rough idea of ur fees for a sole trader many thanks

20 or 30% mate used them myself got refund back very quickly too, by the way I'm self employed this was my first assessment left everything till the last minute they took control of it for me can't recommend them highly enough mate. Steve warren was as good as gold good bloke to deal with. Hope this helps fella

Bettertax

I have dual citizenship (UK/US), I live and work in the UK. I am planning to move to the US, thus allowing me to claim a few tax benefits by filing a P85 form. However, there are 2 CGT tax issues as I own a London property, which is currently my PPR and therefore exempt from the 18% CGT when I come to sell it in 5-10 years and also a string of investments in various funds.

As you can probably tell, in my mind, I am trying to compromise between having to pay for CGT on my residence or CGT on my investments on the assumption that HMRC will have a problem with my claiming tax free on both things if I move abroad?! Can I have the cake and eat it? Or will I be liable for CGT somewhere either way? As in would I be foregoing my PPR privilages if I file a P85? and does a P85 actually help me claim tax free returns on my investments? Also, being abroad with these investments in the UK would I need to file some sort of annual tax return?

Bobbysupascaff,

Thanks for that and I will pass your comments on to Steve :).

JPLEWIS,

We're overhauling our fee structure for this coming tax year actually. Sole trader, do you mean self employed and CIS? Our fee is £99 + 15% of the tax refund we’re able to obtain for each tax year we complete. Fee is subject to VAT.

If you are a Self-Employed professional who doesn’t pay tax at source under CIS, our fee is £199 for each tax year we complete. Fee is subject to VAT.

Phil181,

Everyone should have cake and eat it - wish I had some now in fact!

Bobbysupascaff,

Thanks for that and I will pass your comments on to Steve :).

JPLEWIS,

We're overhauling our fee structure for this coming tax year actually. Sole trader, do you mean self employed and CIS? Our fee is £99 + 15% of the tax refund we’re able to obtain for each tax year we complete. Fee is subject to VAT.

If you are a Self-Employed professional who doesn’t pay tax at source under CIS, our fee is £199 for each tax year we complete. Fee is subject to VAT.

Phil181,

Everyone should have cake and eat it - wish I had some now in fact!

But I like eating cake :(

Top Bottom