unions (1 Viewer)

I belong to the Unite union (previously amicus) . To be honest the only reason for being in the union is if you find yourself being unfairly treated at work . They will fund any legal action you may have to take in a grievence .
I work offshore and my union in their wisdom agreed to OCA wage controls with a no strike policy , recently we have had a 10% cut in wages then a pay freeze and then a pathetic 1.9% rise . Yet they expect you to support cabin crew with BA , GET SERIOUS .
If you are in longterm employment then join a union just for the legal side of things but I keep asking myself why be in a union with a no strike policy .

I was in the at&gu years ago I come from a union family with my great grand father helped to set up the dockers union in Ireland. I found myself inlogger heads with the union alot. We had a glazier as the head of the 10/80 steel scaffolders union which was a disgrace and a personnel embaressment to me. He was more likely to keep the bosses happy rather than look after his members. I ended up hitting him up the face with my union card and walked out. This is just my personal opinion. But unions are there for the workers and should be run by the workers and not over paid so called champions of trade unions. Never see a struggling or poor head of a union.

Top Bottom