Insurance rip off (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter steveo south east
  • Start date
S

steveo south east

I have just received my insurance renewal for my van bear in mind I was involved in a accident which was not my fault its gone from 950.00 to 3586.00:eek::eek:
what could possibly of caused that amount of increase?

i have just received my insurance renewal for my van bear in mind i was involved in a accident which was not my fault its gone from 950.00 to 3586.00:eek::eek:
What could possibly of caused that amount of increase?

obvusly dont want your custom again thats a way of getitng rid of you i had a quote of 1400 and thourght ring directline were with them for her insurance house everything basical i came bakc as a high rise and quoted me over 6,000 lol shop around youll probbly get it cheaper than 950

They take your NBC away while its getting sorted my son had a some one run into the back of him about 18 months ago he has been paid out and all that from other insurance but can't get his excess back or no claims bonus he has got free legal protection in which they are taking them to court ,I think they hope he gives in .good luck with your case

I don't know if things have changed in the UK but many years ago your insurance premiums were higher if you said you were a scaffolder. We just used to say we were bank managers etc. Were never asked for proof.

Is that the NASC policy?
So driving with void insurance shouldn't be a problem?
Prang the motor its only insurance that won't pay out??? Is this what you are all about?:laugh::laugh:

Is that the NASC policy?
So driving with void insurance shouldn't be a problem?
Prang the motor its only insurance that won't pay out??? Is this what you are all about?:laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't know what the NASC policy is.
As far as I can remember it didn't make the insurance void. You were under no obligation to inform the insurance company if you changed your job from bank manager to scaffolder.
What is the SCCR policy you seem to be the official spokesman these days since Kamran moved back to the big city?. :D:D

I know that if you change anything from your original application without informing the insurance company your insurance becomes void.
They will tell you that they base the premium on the information you give them.

Never ever lie when applying for insurance, I believe they want you to lie so they have an excuse never to pay out.

You can get away with that, the wording is "Where is the vehicle usually kept overnight?"
As long as you have a garage.

Mmm, might just be me Swifty and just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.:notrust:

Would you believe I bought an 4K watch, and right away a mate of mine told me to let my home insurer's know so they could adjust the premium. I got a 3 quid rebate, I didn't know if I was getting a good deal or if they were just insulting me.

I know that if you change anything from your original application without informing the insurance company your insurance becomes void.
They will tell you that they base the premium on the information you give them.

I haven't changed a thing the have just sent out a renewal quote. the Accident has been dealt with and paid out? Maybe its like Marra suggests and they do not like me.

Here and in many countries you insure the vehicle not the driver. The insurance would only be void if the driver didn't hold the correct driving licence.

I think it's both here HSWT, I can drive any car on my insurance but that car must already hold some sort of insurance on it's own.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I haven't changed a thing the have just sent out a renewal quote. the Accident has been dealt with and paid out? Maybe its like Marra suggests and they do not like me.

Can't fault em really.:cheesy:

I didn't mean you Steveo it was HSWT posing as a Bank Manager I was referring to.

Top Bottom