Belts & Frogs

orsscaffolding

Reaction score
How many times do you replace your belts & frogs throughout your career or how many have you had in your career.
Are they just for newbies starting out ive had my belt for years and only changed the frog/s once.
Reason i ask is i keep getting emailed from a fella in Pakistan who makes them and they seem to be cheap ie belt + 4 frog 1 being for tape about 15 Quid i just think most scaffs have there belt and frogs for years am i right, is there a market for good quality leather belts & frogs.

Yes there is a market. Had some samples from pakistan a few years ago but the leather was not supple at all, was very rough and looked a lot stronger than they were once put into use. So I advise only buying one at first so you can see it.
I had the same belt for 20 odd years and only a few frogs.
I was going to start a website scaffolderstoolbelts.com but have been having trouble securing the domain name.
There is a member called Cassie who was offering belts made in canada a while back. Send him a PM?

Your guy might be onto something if he can customise or personalise them cheap. Have you seen the quality?

How many times do you replace your belts & frogs throughout your career or how many have you had in your career.
Are they just for newbies starting out ive had my belt for years and only changed the frog/s once.
Reason i ask is i keep getting emailed from a fella in Pakistan who makes them and they seem to be cheap ie belt + 4 frog 1 being for tape about 15 Quid i just think most scaffs have there belt and frogs for years am i right, is there a market for good quality leather belts & frogs.

I get all my gear from Leaches... cost means nothing, as i feel that you simply must have decent tools/belt/frogs.
I mean, your using your tools 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week on average for years and years and years.
You'd be mad to get cheapo tools.

Id value my belt at about £350, thats tools the lot.
But work that out how long ive had it, works out about 75p a week or something silly like that. :D

Had my current belt nearly 10 years, all top of the range Leaches stuff... expensive but still in nigh-on perfect condition - well well worth the money.

Last edited:
Yes there is a market. Had some samples from pakistan a few years ago but the leather was not supple at all, was very rough and looked a lot stronger than they were once put into use. So I advise only buying one at first so you can see it.
I had the same belt for 20 odd years and only a few frogs.
I was going to start a website scaffolderstoolbelts.com but have been having trouble securing the domain name.
There is a member called Cassie who was offering belts made in canada a while back. Send him a PM?

Hes going to send me 1 for free just the dhl cost so we will see but they do look good for the money.

AVE HAD THE SAME TOOL BELT FOR YEARS HAD A FEW FROGS AND A FEW BELTS MIND YOU, BEST BELTS AND FROG AS VITO

Scaffolding Frogs

GET THE LONG FROGS THOS THE SHORT 1'S DIG IN YOUR SIDE

Any of you younguns know how to make yur own frog. Twisted out of coathanga wire.Dont seem so long ago was hard to find.

Use to get a lump o leather. notch belt slots,punch a hole for spanna, get brass O rings from sparkies to finish the hole.

Aye belter frogs them bf bit of cash but will last years ,ors you can also get them peronalised n fred my belt is a make your own from timpson lol

Use to get a lump o leather. notch belt slots,punch a hole for spanna, get brass O rings from sparkies to finish the hole.

Got that some ware up yard piece of leather not mine ex partners just hole no brass ring

Im going in to frog making...in a small way Marra. Personalised as well.;):laugh:

Made a wooden mine stabilla,didnt look or feel right. But I have a mate who says he can make mold,where to get the bubble tho.:wondering:

Got that some ware up yard piece of leather not mine ex partners just hole no brass ring

Aye,no brass ring for us,just a piece of heavy old boot leather with a hole in it,ffs nowadays you can get italian designer ones,the belts are smart as fook,and at £50 a pop you would'nt want to scratch the thing,lol:eek:

AVE HAD THE SAME TOOL BELT FOR YEARS HAD A FEW FROGS AND A FEW BELTS MIND YOU, BEST BELTS AND FROG AS VITO

Scaffolding Frogs

GET THE LONG FROGS THOS THE SHORT 1'S DIG IN YOUR SIDE

Vitoria is the dogs boll*ck , I invested into a full kit from him last year....spent about £160. Top quality leather...top quality workmanship... I've bein thru a bit of kit throughout the past.... With the vito belt...it'll be my last

Top Bottom