What we carry in a lifetime.... (1 Viewer)

Joe90

Reaction score
How much do you think an average scaffolder will carry in a lifetime (age 18-65) ie the weight of a house, boat etc....?

belt frogs spanner level pogder hammer rachet spaner tape scaff spanner we a know that one
or is it the weight of a good job on our sholders at the end of the day rather then the weight of a bad job

think the tonnage you handle in a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liverpool universty did a survey on this it is tonage. good guess though scaffy dooooo,:)

a lot more than that, the amount you lift per day (x) x 5 days x 52 weeks x 47 years it is a HUGE amount ;):eek::eek:

10,998,000 But I work seven days a week so should add more!!:D

Scaff's Fact File,

During your average working life you will handle 90,000 tonnes of equipment, this equates to:

180,000,000 meteres of tube

54,000,000 fittings

4,000,000 boards

or the aircraft carrier the U.S Nimitz.

Also, if you erect on average scaffold 6m high daily during your working life you would have erected scaffolding equivalent to a height of 32 miles or 52000 meteres, this equates to:

12140 London Buses (14ft)

920 Nelson Columns (185ft)

173 Eiffel Towers (986ft)

or

6 Mount Everests (29000ft)

I would love to tell you all I sat and worked that little lot out. Unfortunately I found it on the back of an nasc health and safety watch from 2006. I knew I had seen the info somewhere but couldn't remember where and it has taken me till now to find it. Sorry for the delay.:D

Well aom the beers are on me;)thanks for typing it all out would of took me a week:p

Well done aom,should get yerself of countdown with your mathamatical knowledge,i just wish my wages were heavier,than an average days tonnage thrown up..lol:D

No bother boy's. Countdown might be a bit of a stretch though, especially since Carol left, nicest rear view on tv.:embarrest:

No bother boy's. Countdown might be a bit of a stretch though, especially since Carol left, nicest rear view on tv.:embarrest:

aom

Things must be slack up there, if the gaffer's home in time for Countdown!!

If you canny get the graft done before countdown you must be doing it wrong.:cheesy:

a lot more than that, the amount you lift per day (x) x 5 days x 52 weeks x 47 years it is a HUGE amount ;):eek::eek:

Thats if yur working every day...6 mount Everists.. what would ya tie it to?..lol..Long rakers:wondering:

Well blow me aom,:cool:

you keep playing the rustic, plodding along in the well tried ways, Then you come up with the facts and figures that a rocket scientist would be proud of Bit of a dark horse me thinks :D

It's not knowing all the information
It's knowing where to look, to find it

Just the way I like it Rigger, fly under the radar then hit them with a deadly salvo. They never see it coming.;)

Top Bottom