gloves? (1 Viewer)

scaff101

Reaction score
i dont wear gloves in summer but in winter i do, im a scaffolder not a machine, is my boss under a legal obligation to supply me with them? he gets us a pair once a month if were lucky,

If your PAYE, he MUST supply them as you need new ones.

But what chance do you have?? Kick off about not supplying PPE and find yourself out of a job (the reason i was 'laid off' London Bridge, 1 month before EVERYONE else).

Better to buy your own, i think.
Least then you can get the ones that you really want and not the cheapest nastiest ones your Boss can find.

Any one got a link to where the legislation states Gloves must be supplied?

Our RAM's state; Gloves--Only in certain circumstances ie; An all glove site

As you can guess our lads are not supplied with gloves on a regular basis.

Even our safety officer agree's with the boss it's advisable but not compulsory!!!!

most sites ar glove sites well the ones iv been on are

One pair a month.... I used to get about 2 - 3 days out of a pair of gloves... Now I acquire gloves as often as possible from the ship I work on... I have a boot full of them ...it's them mechanic gloves... But they're no good for wet weather..how or never... A pair a month for scaffolding graft! There would be nothing left....

any one got a link to where the legislation states gloves must be supplied?

Our ram's state; gloves--only in certain circumstances ie; an all glove site

as you can guess our lads are not supplied with gloves on a regular basis.

Even our safety officer agree's with the boss it's advisable but not compulsory!!!!

i know fine well if something was to happen to your hands threw work the first think the gaffer/hse/insurasnce would ask is was he wearing gloves.

I dont like wearing gloves sepsally in the summer but you have no idea whats on that tube dog **** rat **** theres feking all sorts. Yan fella said to me about having a **** out side wagon and not washing me hands b4 getting a fag out looked down his hands were black holding his sandwich after working wid gear out of a water treatment plant i just laffed at him mental

i dont wear gloves in summer but in winter i do, im a scaffolder not a machine, is my boss under a legal obligation to supply me with them? he gets us a pair once a month if were lucky,

What about in spring and autumn? Do you wear gloves then? If not and you get given 1 pair a month that means you will have 12 pairs to use 3 months of the year. So a pair a week really.

i know fine well if something was to happen to your hands threw work the first think the gaffer/hse/insurasnce would ask is was he wearing gloves.

I dont like wearing gloves sepsally in the summer but you have no idea whats on that tube dog **** rat **** theres feking all sorts. Yan fella said to me about having a **** out side wagon and not washing me hands b4 getting a fag out looked down his hands were black holding his sandwich after working wid gear out of a water treatment plant i just laffed at him mental

We were building a job a good number of years ago... There was a queer smell of the tube.... Smelt like COW (not horsemeat) I contracted ringworm from it... I got a fright when me body was covered in rings... Doc said it was ringworm... It turns out that the tube we were using came straight from an abotoirr job (can't spell it) .
Basically , I wasn't wearing gloves, never washed me hands. And low and behold...RINGWORM... Wear gloves..

It's the gaffer that wont supply them marra, tight arse git

Due the fittings being serviced with an oil this would come under the COSHH regulation ie the company would need to give you gloves as part of reducing the risk that might cause an injury or illness from handling the fitting.

Wont supply, but could quite easily cover/include the price of PPE in his prices.

I know that if i priced a job, id include the costs of perishable PPE, ie: Gloves, Glasses, Hi-Vis etc.
What does it cost in the grand scheme of things??? F.ucking peanuts. :notrust:
Also, if the PPE was needed, it would have already been paid for.

They have an obligation of clean ppe when ever nedded. Includign hi viz. Everyday if nedded.

If your PAYE, he MUST supply them as you need new ones.

But what chance do you have?? Kick off about not supplying PPE and find yourself out of a job (the reason i was 'laid off' London Bridge, 1 month before EVERYONE else).

Better to buy your own, i think.
Least then you can get the ones that you really want and not the cheapest nastiest ones your Boss can find.

Kicked off for raising an issue about PPE? Did you tell the union? Why didnt the other lads go to the gate in support of you?

I know a scaffolder who. Told me he got the sack on the same job for having a sh I t in firms time they recon the man in charge is a right armhole

Kicked off for raising an issue about PPE? Did you tell the union? Why didnt the other lads go to the gate in support of you?

Because they are either too scared to, related to management or arselickers... welcome to Xervon Palmers, London Bridge.

I could have dragged it through the Unions, but after a long think, i was so glad to be away from the place, id rather just forget out it.

Worse run and worse job to work on in London, in about the last 10 years.
You ask anyone there... EVERYONE hated it.

it's the gaffer that wont supply them marra, tight arse git

lol i know i know leave hi vist harness and boots off till ya get ya gloves

i know a scaffolder who. Told me he got the sack on the same job for having a sh i t in firms time they recon the man in charge is a right armhole

herd this many of times sh1te in your own time not ours ......... Garn smell that marra

i can remember a load of brickies whose boss wouldnt let them smoke roll ups at work due to lost time rolling them. Tailor mades were ok.

lol also herd this 1 ......well if money were better i wouldnt have to smoke feking rollies that shuts them up

Top Bottom