Leaches? Overpriced or worth every penny? (1 Viewer)

J

Jason-Gibbs

Morning.

Over the years, ive (like everyone else here) worked with loads of Scaffolders.
Big, small, nice, nasty, lazy, grafters, etc., a common talking point with each is about new tools and where to buy them, how much? any good? and so on.

Whats your views on Leaches?
Are they overpriced or worth the extra, due to decent quality?

Me? I think its worth the extra few quid, as i feel using your tools/belt for like 8-10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, you MUST have decent equipment.
But thats just me. :noworry:

Answers on a postcard.

Leaches were good when they was at new cross .do you remember the belt man nr brick lane i think it was a gun shop

Last edited:
Pricey ,I used them once and that's how its going to remain

Last edited:
When I was a lad and you could visit the Aladdins cave it was worth it because you could get a discount which encouraged you to spend money now they have moved more times than I have swapped companies whicj means because I cannot see I will not buy and online shops are cheaper

Yes very pricey,but i think they only sell to the scaffolding industry,you cant even buy online,so the market audience they have is relatively small,they do supply top quality gear and to survive these are the prices they must charge,i think it's not very often any of you lads on the tools replace much but we should at least try and support them when we can,after all their the only truly one stop bespoke scaffold tools supplier we've got(to my knowledge)and an asset to the trade we dont want to lose:cool:

Robbing bast.ards!!!!! Bought a hard hat the other day for 16 quid, paid on card and when it was delivered saw that they had charged me £29 including delivery.

Leaches were good when they was at new cross .do you remember the belt man nr brick lane i think it was a gun shop

It was a gun,knife, camping type of shop Gary , their frogs where good , not sure if that shops still there or not aint been down that way for years :wondering:

Leachs ,there spanners are second to none , their frogs and belts are good as well , but thats all i would by from them , everything else i source elsewhere.

Leeches have top quality gear,
you get what you pay for,
same as everything in life.
dont wanna pay that little extra
get yourself to dagenham market on a sunday,
but you will have to visit it quite a few times over the year
as the stuff there is rubbish,
might as well pay that little extra
as in the end it will save you money.

It was a gun,knife, camping type of shop Gary , their frogs where good , not sure if that shops still there or not aint been down that way for years :wondering:

Leachs ,there spanners are second to none , their frogs and belts are good as well , but thats all i would by from them , everything else i source elsewhere.
Yes phill it was a knife gun shop the last time I went in there the owners son was running it he didn't do belts any more he said it wasn't worth it ,he said he got rid of the machine that cuts the leather ,I think the shop may have gone some else may no more.

I like the leeches level spanner frog coz that all you need lol but the spanner i have had form them havent last more than a couple of month and the frog got adapted for me feking halfinch to go on it an all lol

Ive been using leeches for nearly 20yrs when they were a small shop in egham then moved to a large warehouse in ripley - they were g8 for poping in & checking everything out...& cash got u good deals as well as freebees. But now theyve moved out to hereford and its all mail order which has pushed their prices up....but tbh there variety of stock to our industry is 2nd none - u always know that if youve got trouble finding something n the market then they will have it....also its like big fish said if we dont patronise our shops then we'll only uave ourslvs to blame when they fold & we really cant find what we want....tha xtra couple of quid we koan about today wont seem so much if that happens

leaches are all good quality especially the belts and frogs.
BUY BRAND the forum innovator does have a good selection of Scaffolders tools and belts,but for the other Scaffolding Sundries then Leaches does have it all

i always bought my nailspans from nailspan direct didnt know leaches owned them now.I always get my ratchets from grubb st they are half the price for superclick ratchets as leaches ;)

Top Bottom