Wrong House (1 Viewer)

C

ChrisEng

Hi All

Article and photo scaffolding in Cornwall on BBC News site. Who has yellow and blue gear in Cornwall ??

When I worked for GKN Mills the scaffolder put got the wrong number and put it up on the next door one. The manager was not impressed. LOL

Anybody else put them up to the wrong address. ??

" Cornwall scaffolders get the wrong house

Scaffolders got the wrong house when they clad part of a bungalow in Cornwall.

Alan Balding, 69, was shocked to find the scaffolding all around the chimney of his house in St Breward after he returned from a day out.

The scaffolder left no details and Mr Balding's inquiries with his near neighbours about it have drawn a blank.

Now he is looking forward to a grandstand view of the nearby Royal Cornwall Show which starts on Thursday.

The scaffolding would make a lovely stand with a good pair of binoculars

Mr Balding said: "We had been out all day and when we arrived home in the early evening we were astonished to see that someone had erected scaffolding at the back of our bungalow.

"There was a working platform all around our chimney.

"But there's nothing wrong with it and we have not ordered any work to be done."

The only clue about the owners of the scaffolding is that the frame is marked in yellow and blue.

Mr Balding said: "There's no rush to come and get it.

"We have a garden party on Saturday.

"I can see the Royal Cornwall showground and the scaffolding would make a lovely stand with a good pair of binoculars."

Attachments

• wrong scaffold in cornwall.jpg
    wrong scaffold in cornwall.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 65
I have done that a few times. The best one was when the lady in the house made us a cuppa and when we finished, came out to get the cups and then asked 'Whats the scaffolding for?'

Our gaffer is rush-rush-rush alot of the time so this happens the odd time.

ive done that a few times aswell while drinking cans with the owner lol
we even cut a 250 yr old apple tree down once cos it was in the way, lets say owner wasnt happy

My old boss did this years ago, not only was it the wrong house, but the wrong village, ended up 30 miles from where it should have been.:weird:

i managed to put the front up on the right house and the back up on the next house!musnt have been totally awake!!!

My old boss was sick of travelling around to show us the jobs ,he went out and bought a fancy digital camera ,said i'll go and take pics when i'm looking at jobs so i don't have to travel again just to show you the job .He presented us with a lovely clear pic of the wrong house .The owner arrived when we were putting the roof saddle on and said he thought job was for his neighbour

put a job up for Oldham council, 60' by 5 lifts, top 2 boarded for work on the gable, job and knock. Me, my brother and the driver who showed us where the job was. Early start for nice early finish. Didn't find out wrong flats until council turned up for work on the block further up the road..Gaffer wasn't happy.:evil:

Brother did a job in Burnley for a toss pot firm, manager (p**k) gave him address written down, turned up when nearly finished and had the face to tell him he'd got the address wrong!:huh: Needless to say not a good day.:huh:

Top Bottom