Opinions on drill or spanner (1 Viewer)

Steveo12

Reaction score
Scaffs I what all your Opinions on whether to use a drill or a spanner. I prefer a spanner all day long. I just hate going to jobs where a Scaff has used a drill so from time to time you have to hang on your spanner to undo the fitting!! Lol

still not seen anyone using an IW , i'll stick to my ratchet , which im turning into an electric ratchet with the help of the dragons den , then we'll kick the IW's arse.

Spanner. All the way.

IW, (pro's and con's).

Pro:
They are fast.., but unless your smashing up lumps like the Popovs used to, then does it matter?

Cons:
They are heavy.
They are noisy.
You run the risk of other Scaffolders beating you up.
They are ridiculous...
Need about 14 batteries with you to keep charged for a whole day.
Make you look like a cowboy.
They smell...

Spanner, (pro's and con's).

Pros:
They are easy to use.
You can stir your tea with the handle.
They are sexy.
Lightweight.
Use them as a hammer.
Use them as a spanner.
Use them as a weapon.
Dont break if you wear your spanner in the shower...

Cons:
They get hot, due to friction of rapidly doing/undoing fittings up - well my spanner causes sparks sometimes, but thats coz im sooooooo fast, lol. :notrust:

Spanner. All the way.

IW, (pro's and con's).

Pro:
They are fast.., but unless your smashing up lumps like the Popovs used to, then does it matter?

Cons:
They are heavy.
They are noisy.
You run the risk of other Scaffolders beating you up.
They are ridiculous...
Need about 14 batteries with you to keep charged for a whole day.
Make you look like a cowboy.
They smell...

Spanner, (pro's and con's).

Pros:
They are easy to use.
You can stir your tea with the handle.
They are sexy.
Lightweight.
Use them as a hammer.
Use them as a spanner.
Use them as a weapon.
Dont break if you wear your spanner in the shower...

Cons:
They get hot, due to friction of rapidly doing/undoing fittings up - well my spanner causes sparks sometimes, but thats coz im sooooooo fast, lol. :notrust:

I like that answer Jason top man :)

SPANNER!!

those ******* poxy drills are **** and also noisy, I had some 'flash' **** come on site with one and was putting in trannies with it so I politely told him either stop using that drill or we shall fall out...

the drill ended up going for a burton, and I can confirm when they are thrown off the top of 7 lifts they smash!!

(well it was either him or the drill) :laugh:

Well used a spanner for 14 years never a problem got a makita a few months ago and ill tell you what ill never go back just no comparison don't knock them until you've tried them

There's three types of people that won't use an I.W.

(1) Those who's RAMS won't allow it.
(2) Those who are too tight to buy one.
(3) Those who haven't used one and don't realise how much quicker and easier it is.

untill there is a torque setting on them they are no use because a lot of firms (h.s) are banning them due to that reason

They all have variable torque settings it's called a trigger.

Better change ur trade as a chippy if u want drills, :):):) spanner beat tool for a proper scaff

Better change ur trade as a chippy if u want drills, :):):) spanner best tool for a proper scaff

Better change ur trade as a chippy if u want drills, :):):) spanner best tool for a proper scaff

Best tool for a proper scaff is there head not a spanner if you can't do the job a spanner won't magically put it up for you!!!

At least i will never change the spanner for a f********g drill

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

So a drill wont do it

Just wondering as IWs have not reached these far flung shores yet if when the boss phones up do scaffolders with IWs give the trigger a quick squeeze so the boss thinks they are grafting? A far more modern approach than the tap tap of a spanner against steel used years ago.

Last edited:
Better change ur trade as a chippy if u want drills, :):):) spanner beat tool for a proper scaff

Didn't chippies use hand powered drills before mains powered and cordless ones became available.

Attachments

• hand drill.jpg
    hand drill.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom