All scaffolding in the UK (1 Viewer)

Surferp

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here from the states. Just wanted to know why so many of the scaffold tools, websites and scaffold information relates to scaffolders and scaffold erecting in the UK? I recently entered into the Carpenters Union here in the states as a scaffolder and all information i've been able to find on tools and equipment is based in the UK. You must have a BOOMING scaffold industry or no one here in the states cares about scaffolders or their tools.

Hello there, is all scaffolding in the US system based? Never seen any "real" scaffolding over there. Some strange scaffold systems your side!

From what I have seen its all weird frames.. I thought cuplock etc where a bit of a pain.. that stuff looks too strange.

From what I have seen its all weird frames.. I thought cuplock etc where a bit of a pain.. that stuff looks too strange.

THE YANKS WOUNDNT KNOW WHERE TO START WITH TUBE AND FITTINGS:nuts:

the 3 types of scaffolding most often used in order are frame scaffold, system scaffold, and finally tube and clamp scaffold. Tube and clamp is used for all the sidewalk sheds where i work in NYC but besides that it's mostly frame and system. Tube and clamp is too time and labor intensive to be put up in any reasonable amount of time on a large project. We still use the same tools as you guys though which is why i find it so frustrating that most scaffold tools websites are UK based. Is UK strictly tube and clamp?

Its all about the pipes and planks over here!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha... every time I get asked to move a pole... I respond... "Can't the polish move themselves?"

There will always be T&F... there is nothing that can replace it... system has its part.. but for complex jobs... there is only one answer...

They do use tube and fitting in the states but only for awkward jobs in refineries and rigs e.t.c .

Hi surferp, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are struggling to get your hands on the proper tools to do your job correctly. Maybe you have spotted a gap in the scaff market over there, adapt and over come.

sidewalk sheds

hi surferp was in nyc 10 years ago. do you still use 3 inch tube with mills an burton fittings for the sidewalk sheds ? and is the TICKTS store still in times square with all those different types of fitting?

hi surferp was in nyc 10 years ago. do you still use 3 inch tube with mills an burton fittings for the sidewalk sheds ? and is the TICKTS store still in times square with all those different types of fitting?

We use 4 inch tube for all the sidewalk shed posts in my company. As far as the TKTS store, not sure. But in reference to a guy who said that the US is mostly system based, that is true. But we still use a hefty amount of tube and "fitting" for all the sidewalk sheds in NYC, which is A LOT!

Top Bottom