Hilti impact wrench fleet management (1 Viewer)

desp

Reaction score
Just been told by my Hilti rep that when my current contract on 12 impact wrenches runs out they will no longer be renewing them within the scaffolding industry
Anyone else heard that

Nah they prob in bed with nasc & we'll find in the tg re-write that only recommended IWs be used....bet we can guess which type will be recomended;)

Like ur thinking but they'll have to pry mine from my dead hand b4 i give it up

Like ur thinking but they'll have to pry mine from my dead hand b4 i give it up

You may have a dead hand , hope you have been monitoring the usage in accordance with NASC advice :

Assessment
Training
Familiarisation
Monitoring

To which I do in my diary .

They said it was cuz they were losing money , because of the amount of times they we're going back in for repairs

Lolol i knew as soon as i posted that i'd left myself open to some quick wit

You will be able purchase from them at a cost of £380 per drill then they will give you 12 months warranty an only repair if its a manufacturing defect not if you break it thru misuse

They said it was cuz they were losing money , because of the amount of times they we're going back in for repairs

Like i've said b4 -its too open for abuse. If u dont own it u wont take care of it....

Hilti had ample opportunity to consult with the Forum to establish a more robust IW that would be fit for purpose i.e. our Indusrty, they chose to cherry pick the advice ( Torque Value ) that they were given and discard ( Ergonomic and Engineering Tolerance ) the bits they thought would be too costly to apply to the IW, the resulting end Product was designed for General Use and not Scaffold Friendly in the long term...

Deffo missed a trick...

They sure have , they say there not going to supply the scaffolding industry at all now after existing contracts expire

Aye, looks like the Scaffs have exposed a weakness in the Hilti range of tools...

hilti are ****

makita s are by far better and they can have at body only change at the cost of around 120. mine lasts me about six months on price work. also if you get the new batteries with a star on the bottom they can be sent off to a company and recharged handy when the bats are 90 quid

What goes wrong after 6 months I had the brushes go after 1 year £20 to fix or free under guarantee

£20 u was robbed m8- they only cost £2.50 & take a couple of mins to change

Top Bottom