Non Scaffolders Altering Scaffold (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Reaction score
I think we are all sick to death of non Scaffolders altering and adapting our work.

I have made a small Animated Gif on this subject (see below) and would be interested to see what anyone else comes up with..................

ScaffoldSafety.gif

If you want save or use this Gif elsewhere.......feel Free.......just Right Click on picture, then Save As ........and it's all yours.​

Love it , just had an accident like this in Hastings on one of our sites after the builder took it upon himself to remove some handrail on the 2nd lift to pass timber up , guy falls 16ft into a wheelie bin head first !!!

Love the GIF Charlie...

Falling headfirst into a wheelie bin....now thats a youtube moment sureley.

In regard to Unauthorised adaptions, I understood that this was already a criminal offence under section 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act
The act clearly states “Everyone has a duty not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety or welfare, as a result of legal requirements. Surely the HSE is failing to uphold the Law

Ah we have everyone on my current site messing with scaffolds, nicking ladders, adapting lifts... does my head in. Best way to deal with this is to rape the culprits with no spit or lube.

ye its the same on 1 of our sites they keep taking the ledger braces out and then they wonder why the scaffolds unstable!

aint jestin boyz , head first into a wheelie bin , air ambulance the works .... you know how things get exagerrated that was what really happened , he has more scaffold round his head at the moment then we have in yard

On the other hand turns out was first day on the job no induction ect , builder has no insurance , fortunatley we was all tite on paperwork had a few hse visits but all is gravy ....

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

aint jestin boyz , head first into a wheelie bin , air ambulance the works .... you know how things get exagerrated that was what really happened , he has more scaffold round his head at the moment then we have in yard

On the other hand turns out was first day on the job no induction ect , builder has no insurance , fortunatley we was all tite on paperwork had a few hse visits but all is gravy ....

The problem with these types of accidents is it goes down as falls from heights!! We get it in the neck :mad:

All the information into deaths & falls from heights won't show how many scaffolders! I know it is very low.

Ragscaff

Just so you know, I will be producing a safety sign with this (or something similar) message into our our next catalogue - will be available from our distributors from Jan next year. Let me know if there are any other gaps in the signage market for you guys. I know H&S is often seen as OTT but if there is a need for industry specific signs like this then I'm happy to develop them (the last additions I did were to raise awareness of the dangers of silica dust when cutting blocks etc).

Sorry Charlie, no royalties before you ask ;-)

Just so you know, I will be producing a safety sign with this (or something similar) message into our our next catalogue - will be available from our distributors from Jan next year. Let me know if there are any other gaps in the signage market for you guys. I know H&S is often seen as OTT but if there is a need for industry specific signs like this then I'm happy to develop them (the last additions I did were to raise awareness of the dangers of silica dust when cutting blocks etc).

Sorry Charlie, no royalties before you ask ;-)

Haha........:toung:

Well, I don't normally work for Royalties, just a Fixed fee..............

Had I produced the Artwork for Commercial usage it would have been at least 300 DPI and 2000 X 2000 Pixels........for Printing purposes.

I am available however for all kinds of Graphic Design and Artwork including:

Paintings (on Canvas etc), Murals, Signs, Glass Engraving, Pyrography (Woodburning Art) and no end of Personalised Art for Special Occasions etc.....:cool:

SomeGlasses.gif

Sabre
Indeed it was - famous for all the wrong things !
Dangeruss
Na the bin was closed - hopefully Clearfast have billed that direct

This job still causing problems now - cant wait to the f***** comes down

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Sabre
Indeed it was - famous for all the wrong things !
Dangeruss
Na the bin was closed - hopefully Clearfast have billed that direct

This job still causing problems now - cant wait to the f***** comes down

hiya lads,same here,cant stand a non-scaff altering a scaffold,had a brickies gaffer try it until i threathened the little *****'s life but like you said,they should stay away fae scaffolding if they dont know what they are doing!!!

Hi gents

A few years ago I was working on a job on a new build health centre, and every morning, early on, the brickies would take the handrails off the corner 3 lifts up and lift gear up with the forks from the road (all to save the lazy ba****ds carrying gear an extra 10 yards from the loading bay). I got sick of putting the handrails right every day, so while they were on break a layed a course of bricks (made a **** job they were all over the shop). The brickie foreman came down ranting and raving "Who the f**ks been pi***ng about with my bricks" I said "Me!! now you know how I feel. Leave my scaffold alone and I'll leave your fu**ing bricks alone". Needless to say it didn't happen again on that job.

All too common on site though, everyones got a spanner and the main contractors don't always treat the offenders harshly enough!!

like collo says,everyones got a spanner to alter the job,someone altered one of my jobs once,i asked if i could borrow his spanner a minute,he give it me,and i threw it over into the river.how we laughed.dint do it again though.:D

would have loved to seen the brickwork :eek:good on ya m8 :nuts:

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

i liked the bit in the paper that said they didnt know if he fell from 15ft or 30ft, surely there,s a big difference when you come to a sudden stop,? ouch

Top Bottom