self-employed advice

carmanmk2

Reaction score
d-day is getting closer and still struggling to get a start , im contemplating going self-employed ive searched the site and found some useful info , but i cant find anything on public liability insurance is it my responsability or down to the company i work for ? . any hints tips or warnings regarding going self-employed would be welcome as its not something ive done before :worried:
thanks .

Agencies will charge you for insurance if you are CIS registered.

If you work for someone else the main scaffolding contractor will have to have public liability for sub contractors.

Regards Ragscaff

If your going genuine self employed you will definately require insurance, even if you find someone willing to take you on without it you could be left holding the baby if the worst was to happen. It shouldn't be to hard to find someone to give you cover as long as you are on your own, the problems dont really start till you take someone on.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Oh well, that worked well.:D

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Ragscaff is right, scaffold firms will carry insurance for subbies. Is it scaff companies you are aiming for.

If you have to employ someone then you would need employee insurance. But if they are CIS & you are a contractor then they would fall under the same situation as being covered by the main scaffold contractor for public liability. If you go self employed check that the main contractor has got cover.

Regards Ragscaff

Top Bottom