Temp Roof drawings - (1 Viewer)

scaffdar

Reaction score
Alright men, I'm on the cadge again, does anyone have any drawing for relatively simple temporary roofs, preferably sheeted but not essential. PM me for email address if you can help. Cheers

Typicsl yorkshire man .....tight as a ducks arse & not wanting to pay for anything

Are you sure you want to do that - haven't you seen the weather!

Roofs are meant to be designed for exactly these occurences. Its times like this I get a bit twitchy seeing this amount of snow forecast....

Just imagine - some sites adopt a 'snow management policy' when we can't get teh roofs to work under the snow load. They think they're winning when they go downthat route. I woldn't want to be the one trying to 'manage' this!

Get those heaters blowing & start brusing it off those roofs!
:D

Ha ha typical cockney that can't spell, it's for a replacement for a portfolio evidence guys. Not going up in reality, hence the refusal topay 500 bats for another. But good point, snow management should have been identified in inclement weather risk on the risk register of any decent H&S MS. Keep your eyes peeled

Lolol not spellin but fat fingers on little keyppad

In all my years of scaffolding I have never known a temporary roof to fail due to the snow load. High winds and poorly erected roofs have failed to my knowledge, does any one know otherwise? ?

Yes mate not had one go myself but my m8 has also several went in the big stoms in the 80 &90s check oit utube i'm sire theres one on the from last year where the top just got blown off like a sail

There you go then ... the longer ur in the game the more you'll see- especially the small ones where theyre not desighned......pre TG 20 most of the smaller companies would rely on their experianced and long served scaffolders to just get on and do it, unfortunatly this may technically not be allowed anymore but tbh most basic roof structures follow the same method of erecting, so once you know what ur doin theres hardly ever a problem....up untill the need for desighn i,d never heard of the terms such as kentledge or uplift but all our roofs with common sense had plenty in them to allow gor the unforseen dangers of bad weather......but nowadays its not uncommon to see a small semi with some ali beams thrown back to front with no bracing or ties/ kenteledge & just the mattress on top.
I often look at these and cringe, its an accident just waiting to happen

Last edited:
Without the need for exaggeration I've genuinely only put about a dozen up and only ever one of substantial size and that didn't have a drawing, the drawing was created retrospectively and passed the calc's thanks to experienced charge hands. I didn't care for the H&S requirements back then and the only drawing i've ever worked to for a temp' roof was in the college doing the advanced course. The others have all been erected from what I've remembered, though I like to think i'm a B*****d for doing it right and consulting my course notes etc. Now this is all well and good lads, but how many gaffers out there have got an old pdf for me? lol

Sorry mate theyre all A1 drwings..got a shore if it helps

Sent dead,2way & floor retention/flyin.ope these help portfolio...dont forget a lbay is technically a dead shore as well

That's a new one on me SP, do they accept a lb as evidence?

I think I did - roof leaked, windows rattled and drains were blocked. Must have used some generic dwgs...

Top Bottom