PDA

View Full Version : are there any firms that will invest in & train new employees

Piranha Farmer
17th January 2013, 12:55 PM
I havent been on here 4 ages, but always found a helpful bunch of scaffologists at the ready.
are there any firms that will invest in & train new employees, ive been scaffolding well over 10 years, in fact more like 15, but no qualifications to show for it.
I work around the south east coast but have no qualms travelling, for the right opportunity.
I know there is funding for the part 2 but thats no good to me without the part 1...

set your wisdom free

cheerz
Micky

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER
17th January 2013, 12:59 PM
maybe try the big boys FIRST

Piranha Farmer
17th January 2013, 03:21 PM
basically flyer my details to loads of big firms asking the relevent questions about providing training?
While I got your ear TEESIDE SCAFF..... I know its a case of getting involved n researching, but Im realistically going to be looking/applying for a trainee/labourer position arent I? as with no tickets I shouldnt be off the deck.

appreciate your time buddy

scouse73
17th January 2013, 05:32 PM
try admiral scaffolding london they were a training firm dont no numbers google it might help

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER
17th January 2013, 05:46 PM
YOU NEED ONE OF THESES TO GET ON SITE

Contact CSCS (http://www.cscs.uk.com/about-us/contact-us/)

phil181
17th January 2013, 05:47 PM
try admiral scaffolding london they were a training firm dont no numbers google it might help

:laugh:

philliosmaximus
17th January 2013, 05:48 PM

You for real Scouse :eek:

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER
17th January 2013, 05:51 PM
Q: Is a CISRS Scaffolding Labourer allowed to work on a scaffold structure, handling materials, whilst the job is being erected, dismantled or altered?

A labourer is allowed to work on a scaffold structure during erection, dismantling or alteration, however he must only be involved with the handling of the materials and not actually be erecting or dismantling the structure.

*Please note that the Labourer must only be working from a section of the scaffolding that is fully boarded and fitted with double handrails and toe boards.

Q:Does a labourer working for a scaffolding company need a CISRS card?

Even though this employee may never leave the floor he should still apply for a CISRS Labourer card. In order to apply he should ring CISRS helpline for an application form 0844 815 7223 and will need to complete a ConstructionSkills H&S test (tel 0344 944 4488) and complete the employer declaration/Labourer application form. When completed, the form will be returned with a photograph of the operative, proof of the H&S test, and a cheque made payable to ConstructionSkills for 26.50.

CISRS Helpline 0844 815 7223 Email enquiries@cisrs.org.uk

scouse73
17th January 2013, 06:05 PM
i no its a poxy firm but if the lads desperate they are a training firm good or bad

philliosmaximus
17th January 2013, 06:06 PM
No man could ever be that Desperate

phil181
17th January 2013, 06:06 PM
i no its a poxy firm but if the lads desperate they are a training firm good or bad

:laugh:

scouse73
17th January 2013, 06:12 PM
only tryin to help keep me gob shut then point taken

Flinty
17th January 2013, 06:18 PM
try admiral scaffolding london

:wondering:

doglegscaff
17th February 2013, 12:09 PM
Mr Gardener i think is their training instructor,i here he's very patience with the new ones :rolleyes: :eek:

Gerscaff
17th February 2013, 01:45 PM
I Was Working On A Persimmon Site Not Long Ago And The Agent Wouldnt Accept The Cisrs Labourers Card ,God Knows Why Not .

A&A
4th March 2013, 09:19 PM
How far are you willing to travel??