Site Cards For Designers (1 Viewer)

AshReactive

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea of the appropriate site safety cards for an scaffold designer. My CISRS Trainee Scaffolders Card has now run it's course of 18 months, and obviously not being a scaffolder I don't feel it appropriate to take my part 1.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I carry a CSCS "construction site visitor" card

Does anybody have any idea of the appropriate site safety cards for an scaffold designer. My CISRS Trainee Scaffolders Card has now run it's course of 18 months, and obviously not being a scaffolder I don't feel it appropriate to take my part 1.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I have the Black Card for Management

You can get a designers CSCS card - althoughI think they call it a Professionally Qualified Persons Card.
Types of CSCS Skill Cards | CSCS

If you don't qualify for that then I'd suggest the easiest one you can get hold of - probably visitors. Even though I qualify for a PQP card every time I go for a renewal they send me a black card from my time on site years ago...this time cost me £15 for the test and £30 for a card!!! In fairness you don't have to pay the £30 as you are still entitled to go on site but just can't prove it - what good is that!

Apparently my new one (which hasn't arrived yet) is valid for 5 yrs so at £6 per yr is value for money I was informed.

You can get a designers CSCS card - althoughI think they call it a Professionally Qualified Persons Card.
Types of CSCS Skill Cards | CSCS

If you don't qualify for that then I'd suggest the easiest one you can get hold of - probably visitors. Even though I qualify for a PQP card every time I go for a renewal they send me a black card from my time on site years ago...this time cost me £15 for the test and £30 for a card!!! In fairness you don't have to pay the £30 as you are still entitled to go on site but just can't prove it - what good is that!

Apparently my new one (which hasn't arrived yet) is valid for 5 yrs so at £6 per yr is value for money I was informed.

Aha! Didn't realise I qualified for a PQP card, thanks IDH

Top Bottom