How much is 5m liabilty (1 Viewer)

If you are limited it can be quite expensive, maybe better shop around plenty before you decide but it is very different for everyone.

Will depend on your turn over Kev , and you will probably need employers liability as well ,
There is a lot of difference between policy's and the cheapest sometimes aint work the paper there printed on , i would have thought somewhere around £2.5K

It should be cheaper then but still a fair chunk of change. They will base it on your t/o. They will tell you it's to gauge your risk but more likely just want to figure how much they can get out of you. The price for scaffolders went through the roof a few years back but seems to have evened out the past couple of years but my advice would be to choose no more than 3 or 4 providers and approach them for a price there is a couple on here who would only be too glad to quote for you.

You may be lucky Kev but to be honest we pay a lot more than that and we only have a few scaffs as well, it's an expensive business.

It will depend on who you go with and what cover you get , what your excess is ,
But be careful as you dont want to find your not covered if you need to make claim

Let us know how you get on.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Some clients want 10 mil, think 10 is kinda standard now.

Again, depends on who you choose but most will let you pay monthly but again it will cost you, doesn't it always.

Yea it does cost alot, what sort of policy would i need to do mainly street work just starting of with a gang in a pickup

Ive checked with all the other firms and they all have 5m around here

Unless your doing council work then you might get away with £1 million cover PLC and take out a personal life insurance for each of you

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

10 Million is becoming more the expected from contractors these days

Yea it does cost alot, what sort of policy would i need to do mainly street work just starting of with a gang in a pickup

A good one. I got caught early doors from an Irish mob who hoovered up a lot of smaller firms but had no real protection behind them. There was a couple of forum users from across the sea that kept me right and it's been a personal hate of mine ever since.

Check out some of the previous threads on pl as many people detailed their providers...try not to get more than 3 quotes as to be honest theres only about 4 main underwriters & it'll effect your credit score if you try and get loads. & only advise i'd give is go with a well known reputable company they'll all take ur money but you'll only find out how good they are when you need to claim

Top Bottom