love it or hate it (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
There was a time When i could not wait to get to work and did not want to leave to come home as i lived it breathed it and dreamed scaffolding (good days) , but just latley its the total opposite its like im walking round with my head up my ass , i know we all get good days and bad days but when you get more bad than good what next !!

time for another job or if your older than 60 thinking about retirement

There was a time When i could not wait to get to work and did not want to leave to come home as i lived it breathed it and dreamed scaffolding (good days) , but just latley its the total opposite its like im walking round with my head up my ass , i know we all get good days and bad days but when you get more bad than good what next !!
Right there with ya on that one Brother...

Kev

Maybe dont think i could leave the industry thou ,been on the same job for 8 months working with the same cowboys day in day out seeing the crap they put up , maybe just worn me down

Kev

Maybe dont think i could leave the industry thou ,been on the same job for 8 months working with the same cowboys day in day out seeing the crap they put up , maybe just worn me down

Well Paul,

You have to maintain your own integrity and know that you are doing it right. Anyone who has any idea about Scaffolding will spot that eventually........and maybe get shot of the Cowboys.

I have worked with some of the very best and very worst in this game, as I am sure most of the blokes on here have, but the bad uns always get found out.

There are Great Jobs and **** Jobs.............and we have to put up with the crap sometimes so that we can appreciate the Good Ones even more......;)

Paul

Some Men have red and white bood cells in their vains---others have ferouse and non-ferouse in their Blood.

You can not change your Industry/Disapline my Freind, any more than a leopard could change its spots, However, you can change your working envirnoment---google "stepchange to safety" it's and Oil and Gas related Website---also googel " RGIT Montrose " there you will find info on Offshore Training...

Garry...

Paul,

Don't let the Bas**rds get you down.

Not sure how old you are but I think everybody feels that about their trade at some point. Time for a holiday and a few jars.:D

Just gotta keep yer head up mate,been difficult for a lot of lads for the last couple of years,but it wont last forever,nobody can take your pride away from you mate,keep the faith..;)

An old scaff once told me you can kick a dog so many times before he bites back or f@#s off. In your case mate i think its the latter. When i get that feeling i know its time for a change......

this has got to be the hardest game in the world to walk away from mate there,s allways some B*****d [usually one of your best mates] who makes you an offer you cant refuse, great money, best of crack, there,s a pub next to the job and it drags you back . one grey cloud does,nt mean the summer,s over , stick with us we,ll see you right

I'm only young and to change career at my age is easy but when you have been in scaffolding for years nuts and bolts is all you know and i think it would be quite hard to walk away from

im so dissilusioned with the industry at the moment im actually going back to truck driving as this game is at the worst i have known it for many a year so hanging up my spanners for a while and moving on for now.

same here ,getting right pi**ed off with the job, working in the yard on monday(no work ),really starting to wear me down

Top Bottom