big day tomorrow start my NEBOSH exams 1 of 3 (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
well the day of reckoning is here, 18wks ago i enrolled on the NEBOSH construction certificate, its been a hard slog having a day off every week & studying for this, tomorrow i do my hazard site inspection, then the following week its the management paper & the hazard paper, wish me luck;):D

best of luck bud and quick tip for your site inspection , although its hard not to when writing your report keep it quick simple to the point because the time seems to fly past and before you know it there is 10 mins left and you still have conclusions etc etc to finish off . i think the site exam is a total load of ******** , because in real life you dont have to write the front covers, contents page or other crap they make you do in the exam nor do you have to do your reports in one hour, also remember your site notes are important for points aswell

well that was seriously difficult, the 30 mins you are allotted to write your report up whilst walking around is an absolute joke, i had to jott down a few brief notes whilst walking around, then when back at classroom spend 40 mins of my allotted 90 mins finishing off the observation sheet, then i had to write like a maniac to finish the written report, i had to leave some of the general findings to write up the conclusion, there are more marks for the conclusion than there is for the hazards, i finished it but another 15 mins it would have been a lot neater & i would have had all my hazards written, anyway its done 2 more to go next week.

you need 60% for a pass you get a total of 55% for observation & 45% for written report.

thanks for the good luck replies. :D;)

Orac

Well done M8---time management is brutal---but, Im sure that you have a keen eye and your Observations, Conclusions and Remedial and Corrective actions required were sufficiant to get you the required %.

One down two to go well done...:D

Garry...

i didn't follow the way we were taught to write up the report, i found a better way on a website & tweaked it slightly so i could remember how to lay it out.

T. terms of reference
I. introduction
S. summary
U. urgent
F. findings
C. conclusion

it worked for me ;):D

Orac

I must agree the Format for the Report can vairy somewhat---I did not like the format that we were taught and found a format in a NEBOSH Distance learning programm---I submitted it to my Tutor during a mock exersice and he told me not to use it at the REAL Worplace Inspection and Report Exam, rarther stick with the one that he had tought me, because it was my Tutor who was to mark the Paper.

As long as you have the:

Introduction
Observations
Breaches
Compliances
Remedial and Corrective Actions
Conclusion

I quite enjoyed the Paper, however, as you say---I was writing like a mad Man to get it finished...

Garry...

Orac best of luck with your nebosh exams,

I sat mine Aug 08,67% for site inspection/report,61% for management but failed the hazards by 2% with a mark of 43% two fecking points I resat the hazards exam and got 60%.Giving me an overall pass mark of 188 that gave me a credit pass overall

Passing the NEBOSH Exams extracts from materiel supplied to me

Intro it is a well known fact that nebosh exams are tough

Take the right tools as a minimum you will need pens pencils rulers ect different colours may be useful if you need to sketch

Presentation handwriting and grammer do not lose or gain marks however it has to be readable.Remember that the exams are marked by humans so the easier it is to read the easier it is to give marks for

Read the Question The clue is in the question however simple it may seem make sure you read the question properly It is imperative that you answer the question that has been set, not the one you wish had been set

DO NOT IGNORE THIS

ACTION VERBS Take note of the "action verb"at the start of each question
as a general view if a question asks you to "Identify", "State", or "List" then a simple list will do.
If however,the question asks for "Outline", Describe", or "Explain", Then your answer should be in sentences,preferably with an example to illustrate

Orac by reading the action verbs correctly,you will not be writing long sentences when a simple list will gain you the points for that part of the question and lastly

Timing Question timing is vital to success You cannot spend too long on some questions to the detriment of others try to stick to one mark per minute.The approximate timings you should try to stick to are as follows

Read through exam paper 10 minutes,20 mark (first) question 20 minutes, next ten questions worth 8 marks each 8 minutes each question,check answers read through paper 10 minutes

Onward and upward if you have any questions PM me and I will try my best to answer you

Top Bottom