offshore work?? (1 Viewer)

Offshore work

there's alot of pay off's with Cape at the moment with Armada finnished and the Miller coming to an end,hopefully thing's will pickup in a couple of month's out in the North Sea,if you here anthing let me know cheers.

i passed my bosiet at the end of july and i have tried with no success to get offshore, so i know how you feel.

Wouldnt mind some myself, same with trying to get on the stations its a ball ache. Let us know if you hear anything

hi guys, just wandered if anyone new of any work offshore?

been looking for ages now with no luck!

sean
alright sean you had any look im in same boat been looking for about six months now and still no luck

there's alot of pay off's with Cape at the moment with Armada finnished and the Miller coming to an end,hopefully thing's will pickup in a couple of month's out in the North Sea,if you here anthing let me know cheers.

hello AI

do u work offshore then?

Offshore

Alright Lads,
Have you tried MacDonalds as there is a few rigs in up at Invergordon i believe.

nobody taking on the rigs at the moment,i rang cape,salamis and rbg this morning and nothin till march at earliest,i was with rbg for 5 months last year.they seem to be the best bet for astart

i've been ringin rbg for last 16 months, only time they were takin on they only wanted people with experience offshore.

cant see how i can get experience if noone will give me a chance! FRUSTRATING!!

i am not sure how you get your exp but my brothering law had the same problem and he went to work offshore in holland and after a while came back and now works for salamis in northsea,maybe thats the way to go?hope this may help?good luck!!

bbl technical are looking for scaffs and supervisors in the dutch sector, nust have your vca 1 and for supervisors vca 2. hope this helps.

Just keep bombarding with calls,perseverence and timing is the key,i know its frustrating but its the best and only way good luck lads..

always quiet out in the north sea this time off the year (both south and north)..i was paid off from cape just before christmas having been on the bg armada for over 3 years..
should pick up around the end of feb/mid march time i hope..i know cape have just won a 5 yr contract for ongoing work with bp..and have heard rumours that they have picked up a few other platforms..but till you get your check-in nothing is 100 % sure...as most offshore lads will tell you...

is it just down to luck then mate? i've been tryin since sept 08 when i done my bosiet.
ringin companys every week.

i've had texts off rbg tellin me to ring them for work, when i do they say they will only take people with experience.

thinkin rope access is only option now....

rope access would be a good way to go..but again it could be a case of how many hrs on the ropes you got before you could get job offshore..

to be honest i would say it is just a mix of good timing ,how good your cv is, and a lot of the time who you know ...
you get some really good lads lads offshore but at the same time you get a few complete a$$holes to. some dont know there arse from there elbow when it come to doing real scaffolding like hangers and jobs you may have to think about for more than a few minutes, and it makes you wonder how the f**k they got out there in the first place when there are good lads sat at home...i have got some a few other contacts number for places who go offshore send us your e-mail via personal message on here and i will let you have what i got... regards

Top Bottom