insurance.

chris.o.

Reaction score
I need a bit of advice, I just did a job for a mate who is building his own house, he bought all the gear and I put the scaffold up for him at the weekend. Now he wants me to sort out insurance or the builders won't work on it. So my Question is, Is it possible to get short term insurance for the duration that the scaffold will be up about 4-6 months. Cheers.

Iam pretty sure insurance companys will insure you on a one of basis , although what they will charge you is anyones guess

Cant you just ask the company you work for to do it threw theirs and bung the guvnor a few quid

You're mate should have the whole site insured if it's a self build, tell him to sort it. Either that or tell they brickies to feck right off.

You Took The Words Right Off My Keyboard Alister, The Site Should Be Insured And The Brickies Should Carry There Own Insurance, (Does That Mean They Wont Butcher The Scaffold To Feck Then, Bleeding Brickies)

Couldnt Agree More, Im Tearing My Scalp Out (Would Say Hair But Dont Have Any) Just Now, Im Working On A Site Where They Are Insisting On Four Foot Ten Lifts What A Pain In The Bell End They Are .

I could imagine. Are they not letting you just move the hop-ups any more?

What The Site Managers Saying Is That The Hop-up Is Part Of The Working Lift, The Brickies Are Delighted, They Dont Have To Bend For A Block, Sodding Tosspots They Would Have Us Build The Wall For Them, They Are Still Insisting On Double Internal Handrails. For Why I Have No Idea On A Three Pressing Lift Cause A Dwarf Couldnt Stand Up In It.

I take it the manager has now got a shiny new inspectors card?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I know it won't make a bit of difference but you could always show him the guidance on hop ups.:idea:

Not Sure Mate, I Doubt If Hes Ever Shaved, I Cant Get Through To Him You Could Move The Hop-Up One Pressing Up Or Down From The Lift, But Theres None So Deaf As Them That Will Not Hear,

True, and wtf would you know you have only been doing it for years, he has been on a 2 day course.:rolleyes:

I Have Given Him A Kwikstage Handbook But I Think Hes Using It To Wedge The Door Open And In The Meantime I Struggle Like Feck ,The Brickies Are Laughing There Ballocks Off And He Floats Around Like Alls Well In The World. Any Surprise I Go Home Angry, Make You Wear A Harness But Dont Have A Clue Cause Hes Cack Scared Of The Brickies.

All is well in his world but I suppose when you are subbying you have to take a certain amount and this is probably just your turn. Is he paying extra for his wee lifts?

No, Hes Saying Thats How They Should Be Done And (His Words Here) If I Dont Agree I Cant Be That Much Of A Scaffolder And Havent Learned That Much In 34 yEARS.

Tip my hat to you, it wasn't that long ago blah blah blah but does not pay the bills.

Honestly Mate If Times Were Different He Would Have Been Told To Shove His Job Where The Sun Dont Shine, But Theres Knack All Else Right Now So This Will Do Till Christmas ,Unless I Plant The **** First (Mind You The Brickies Are Stirring The Pot As Well)

I knew that, ignore the brickies, just work as you say Christmas is not far away.

Dont Have Any Choice Just Now Mate, Bills Need To Be Paid Working Or Not So Better Working At Least Its Money.

Top Bottom