Help pricing crash decks.

Grieva

Reaction score
Hi all new the pricing game I generally work out my scaffold on a m2 basis but was wondering if anyone had any good ways to price crash decks as i normally just try and work out how long the lads will be on them!! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mmm, is it just the plastic ones?

Hard to say on a forum but you probably won't be far away with the time thing especially if there is a carry. Formula's are all well and good but you have to know which formula to apply to each job to make sure you are covered and without knowing the job, time is as good as any.

If you are fairly new to it, a good trick is to push the price up till you loose it if you can afford it and see where your ceiling is.

Trouble is wiv crash decks...all the sites i work on they always end up becoming workin birdcages so just keep that in mind wen erecting them!!

That's true, and we are not really supposed to call them crash decks now.

It depends on size,and weight expected to hold,design,carry,many factors,as aom and yourself say just use the time factor your comfortable with;)

As the lads are telling you the time of walking the gear in and out usually takes as much as erecting the scaffold structure itself.
We do a lot of birdcages inside chapels and churches, I tend to think of the hours involved more than the actual meterage the job intails.

One thing i always insist on is that the main contractor covers the boards with ply as they will get ripped to pieces , and always keep them 2 foot below the area they are cutting out otherwise they will be jack hammering directly on the lift.
I normally cube them and then look at the access. :)

Top Bottom