anyone on here @ Barrow Island? FIFO 15th (1 Viewer)

25 on & 9 off, we have relocated from Adelaide to Perth;)

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

yes we are renting lol

I did see a bit of a recruitment drive advertised on linked in for this job. Is it any good Orac?

25 on & 9 off, we have relocated from Adelaide to Perth;)

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

yes we are renting lol

I was offered 20 on 8 off but its not really viable as I have no plans to settle in Australia.

Renting in Perth is pretty expensive unless you are in the outer suburbs (next to the bush)!!

It will be a reasonable job CBI have the bulk of the scaffolding work I know a few guys starting for them soon.

You are right Fred, there is a massive shortage of rentals here, when you go to an open, expect another 20-30 people there as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey fellas, I see that the deadline for some of the gigs up there with CB&I is Dec. 31. I am planning on arriving in the New Year. IN YOUR OPINION, ya thin k there will still be some hiring going on or will I have missed the boat? I know there will be other projects on but this one is quite attractive...

OK was just wondering. Figured it was like anywhere else, high turnover etc. But spoke with an Aussie lad yesterday who said on some projects there isn't much turn over, conditions are good etc. Still people get sacked, have had enough and so on, all the time. And yea I have sent an application. BUt my address an such is all over seas as of current. And I havent the tickets to show them either. Spoke with a lad yesterday who will RPL me when I arrive, should take only couple days. Anyway.... Thanks Fred. How you holdin'? I see correctly you are in Qatar? thought you were sure bet for Gorgon. cheers mate.

Yes I am in Qatar. They are processing my 4 year aussie visa now. Thing is its tax free here aussie is 46% on my salary, free apartment with pool here will have to stay in a camp in oz and rent an expensive place for my 8 days off,no golf course on Gorgon, only 4 cans of beer allowed a night so it looks like a no brainer really.

Last edited:
pppfffttttt... no brainer indeed mate. Great to have options. Enjoy mate. See if I can make it back to Oz again in the New year. Dunno if the missus will be so supportive this time round. But fak, winter has arrived in Gothenburg now, and theres not much in the line of scaff work, unless ya wanna jump on a facade crew with majority of bunch of hacks, safety ..... whats that?

Ahhhh.... one of them places. Great if yer a "bag licker". get a rise up the ladder. Ughhh, turned off now then.

Ahhhh.... one of them places. Great if yer a "bag licker". get a rise up the ladder. Ughhh, turned off now then.

Its not a grassing or bag licking culture.All big Australian projects have a lot of security etc. At Barrow you cant fly in with dirty boots because of the enviromental procedures. Things will be better if your on for CBI kicking off after Xmas.

You're correct Fred it's like prison with the rules, you have spy boats out on the water watching you, waiting for a mistake to be made, the facilities are good, the work is good, the money is very good.

Got to put a different head on when you get here, follow the rules to the letter & you'll be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom