Looking for work in Australia (1 Viewer)

LeonRouse

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking for work in australia in 2013 around april time, Visa has been granted and im desperate for a start somewhere, Im An advanced scaffolder with inspectors/supervision tickets also i have an internationaly recognised offshore survival with 10 years experience. If anyone can point me in the right direction or even the best place to begin my searches for work it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leon.

hi there matey...a good place to start work in oz is Perth... there's a few decent firms there that are always taking on.

Scaffwest WA- local work

pilbara access WA- offshore work

Pheonix shutdown services WA- mine work

Hi guys im looking for work in australia in 2013 around april time, Visa has been granted and im desperate for a start somewhere, Im An advanced scaffolder with inspectors/supervision tickets also i have an internationaly recognised offshore survival with 10 years experience. If anyone can point me in the right direction or even the best place to begin my searches for work it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leon.

What is an internationally recognized offshore survival…never heard of it.

the offshore probably wont be recognised here in Oz, nothing else is, Caledonia are busy & are looking for scaffs, send your resume in;)

BTW how did you get a visa as a scaffolder?

Last edited:
What is an internationally recognized offshore survival…never heard of it.

Had a BOSIET that was recognised in England, Scotland, Holland ,Denmark and Norway once so thats international. Not hear of a world wide recognised offshore survival yet.

Australia, Brunei and ME uses T-BOSIET no survival suit or 3 layers required. My mate has just done it here. Australia does use survival suits in the Southern Ocean though.

Had a BOSIET that was recognised in England, Scotland, Holland ,Denmark and Norway once so thats international. Not hear of a world wide recognised offshore survival yet.

Australia, Brunei and ME uses T-BOSIET no survival suit or 3 layers required. My mate has just done it here. Australia does use survival suits in the Southern Ocean though.

My bosiet has covered me all over Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Qatar, and Singapore...Malaysia,Canada, Baltic states .etc. . . . . etc. I don’t see why it would not cover Australia…the 3 layer rule is only shell policy.

For the person asking how did he get a visa as a scaffolder..he is probably under 30 or maybe have a sponsor.

My bosiet has covered me all over Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Qatar, and Singapore...Malaysia,Canada, Baltic states .etc. . . . . etc. I don’t see why it would not cover Australia…the 3 layer rule is only shell policy.

For the person asking how did he get a visa as a scaffolder..he is probably under 30 or maybe have a sponsor.

So yours is pretty international then? Is 3 layers still only Shell policy? Its many years since I went offshore prefer being in the boozer every night!
Australia have their own standards etc. Its strange that to be on the tools over there you have to hold the aussie tickets but if you are in management then you dont!
He may well have the 2 year work visa or his wife may be the main visa holder as she is a hairdresser etc.

So yours is pretty international then? Is 3 layers still only Shell policy? Its many years since I went offshore prefer being in the boozer every night!
Australia have their own standards etc. Its strange that to be on the tools over there you have to hold the aussie tickets but if you are in management then you dont!
He may well have the 2 year work visa or his wife may be the main visa holder as she is a hairdresser etc.

As far as I’m aware its only shell…before you depart any heli you will watch a brief video regarding having to ditch at sea…In all the videos I have watched this has only been on the shell ones.

Getting back to the survival…
OPITO BOSIET (Cold water HUET + EBS Training) | Training | Courses | Discounted Rates | startnextweek.com.au

Sorry maybe i confused people with 'internationally accepted' the BOSIET is what i meant and it can be used in australia as with most other places. Im 25 also if that helps with the question of how did i get the visa. Thanks for all your help guys ill get writing that resume.

P.s what is the average expected pay over in WA?

ROV FAQs Challenger Institute of Technology

Says here the full BOSIET is recognised worldwide but not the T-BOSIET for obvious reasons. So the original poster is correct.
You are correct mate the cold water version can be used in Australia so yes Leon ur survival is fine but you will need a misc card when you get here.

It's an security card which allows you to go on the live facility's.

Pay rates vary from 60 dollars an hour to well over a 100 dollars an hour offshore depending on who you work for.

You are correct mate the cold water version can be used in Australia so yes Leon ur survival is fine but you will need a misc card when you get here.

It's an security card which allows you to go on the live facility's.

Pay rates vary from 60 dollars an hour to well over a 100 dollars an hour offshore depending on who you work for.

I have an MSIC card its for maritime areas including docks, lng loading jettys etc.

Top Bottom