Timber frame...pricing???

JPLEWIS

Reaction score
Got a couple of timber frames 2price they are both roughly 40ftx40ft..2 fully boarded 8ft lifts. no brickwork as they r cladded and should hav no adaptions as such..pretty straight 4ward just wonderin wot sort of price i should b charging.
Cheers fellas

I was thinkin about £20pm so its good 2kno im not 2 far out cheers philo

£20 a meter aint a bad price if you need the work mate , i like timber frames because you can usually get stuck into them

Yeah...only thing worryin me is if there r xtras such as 4example droppin a lift..how do u price that??

Just explain that is for the job as ordered and any alteration required after the initial hand over will be charged as an extra, for the avoidance of doubt boards will be laid only once by us.

Would this include double internal handrail ??

What we would normally do is put 2 inside boards and a toe board ( no boards on the main lift or handrail) then when the frame is done and the brickwork is going up you usually need to adapt , and then just move the handrail to the out side and raise the boards from the lift below , you will normally reduce the inside to one inside board

I've found the best method on a 2 storey house to be (For me anyway) 450mm above dpc with no inside boards for the 1st lift, 2m to your 2nd lift trannied out but no boards and a short lift and hop ups if needed for trusses and tiling.
Once the chippies and roofers have finished just strip the top lift and drop the boards down a lift.
As soon as the dirty thick one takes his brickwork above the 1st lift knock the transoms through on the base lift and tell the bricky to get on with it.
Back to strip or adapt for render.
Brickies stretching 2m love it!!!!!

Similar to us swifty kicker lift 3 3m lifts thats it board 1st lif and 2nd lift only board botom lift after brikeis are well past it means on 1 visit b4 the strip as we use extenda transoms and the plaster slide them back .

ive found that for a traditional 5m high house, we work from the top down, with 2 x 2m lifts then whateva is left at the bottom is your first lift height this will allways differ depending on ground level, with a working platform of 4+2, we board the 2nd and 3rd lift leaving the first unboarded so brickies can get in at it. Once brickies have brick work up we board bottom lift and jobs done. easy.... no messing about adaption and stripping lifts out.

I heard throw the grapevine you ain't got no gear or transport? Do you want to hire some?

About 7mts ago didn hav loads only enough for wot i needed..but im all good now kentscaff thx for the offer tho

Top Bottom