any advice

waynedamage

Reaction score
hi lads,

i'm a part 1 scaff who tavels to the same site every day, PAYE 50 hrs a week, i have to provide my own tools, harnesses are issued but i use my own, any advice on what i could be claiming back from the taxman? :D

**** sorry m8 , never noticed the paye bit. duh

Last edited:
Are you self employed Wayne?
Sorry read stlegers answer first Doh.

hi lads,

i'm a part 1 scaff who tavels to the same site every day, PAYE 50 hrs a week, i have to provide my own tools, harnesses are issued but i use my own, any advice on what i could be claiming back from the taxman? :D

Probably not much Wayne, do you travel in a company van or make your own way to site?

I would start using the gaffers harness, I'm surprised you have not been dug before now about it.

Ring rift if u have ever drove to site an not to yard in own car an not bin paid travel u can clim tax bk on it even riding a bike u can claim but cycling don't work out much but better than nothing all u have to do is sent pay slips an site address ucan claim bk from so many years

Ring bettertax mate, you can still claim even being P.A.Y.E. they have a list of what you can claim for...

If you're travelling in your own vehicle and your paying for your own motion lotion then you can claim for it, but I think there's a time limit if you're going to same place. If it becomes like a permanent place of work then you can't claim.

Sorry, just seen this.

It's right - if you travel to the same site every day, using your own vehicle, you can't offset your tax bill.

If you use your own tools etc, you can offset these against your tax bill.

Best thing to do is give the office a quick call, explain exactly your situation and they will advise you on best course of action. Our advice is always free and the chat is very informal.

01280 821020

Hope that helps.

Sorry, just seen this.

It's right - if you travel to the same site every day, using your own vehicle, you can't offset your tax bill.

If you use your own tools etc, you can offset these against your tax bill.

Best thing to do is give the office a quick call, explain exactly your situation and they will advise you on best course of action. Our advice is always free and the chat is very informal.

01280 821020

Hope that helps.

Thanks Bettertax.

Have you got any informal advise on fiddling expenses?

Well, I'd suggest you take up fiddling something else :amuse: - expenses are not something to be fiddled with idly!

oh a dunno , u get your receipt from the tool store for the frog you bought , then add on , titanium spanner , harness ,level and so on , easily done .

NOTICE YOU SAID YOU USE YOUR OWN harness

BUT YOUR FIRM AS SUPPLY WITH ONE YOU SHOULD USE THIS.

BECAUSE IF YOU WHERE TO HAVE A FALL OR ANYTHINK AND IT CAME TO LIGHT YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CLAIM OFF YOUR FIRM.

IF YOU ARE SUPPLY WITH PPE OFF YOUR FIRM ALWAYS WEAR IT.

BECAUSE IF THERE INSURANCE FIRM FINDS OUT, THEY MAY NOT PAY YOU OUT

Warning.....read my thread...tricom tax...dont cheat or defraud its not worth it read the situ i find myself in phil 181

But I like fiddling my expenses :(

Ah why not just go for it? I mean the worst that could happen is you become a public figure of hate but it's not like you'll be jailed for it? Claim your mortgage as an expense! Didn't you just get your moat cleaned? And you mentioned a duckhouse the other night? Put that in!

Wait you are a politician right?

JPlewis has a point , dont let someone else fiddle it , fiddle it yourself , i spent £14 on frogs and turned that into £500 , if you do it right your stopping yourself being taxed and making your rebate higher , i'll be claiming for wallpaper in my office/room this year and the fuckin lightbulbs and the new ipad i will buy in march and the new mobile , wish i could fuckin drive and the car would be claimed for also

we cant do it like Jimmy Carr and all the rest but what i can do , I WILL , Im sure Marra Watson remembers me going on about starting my own charity , it can be done.

Ah why not just go for it? I mean the worst that could happen is you become a public figure of hate but it's not like you'll be jailed for it? Claim your mortgage as an expense! Didn't you just get your moat cleaned? And you mentioned a duckhouse the other night? Put that in!

Wait you are a politician right?

But I like having my moat cleaned :(

Top Bottom