Impact wrench newbie (1 Viewer)

scaff369

Reaction score
Well used my new makita impact wrench today and I have to admit it's the dogs b ollocks it's the first time I've used or even seen one in action and to be honest I was surprised at how good it was so for all you doubters out there don't knock it until you've tried one very good tool and it was unbelievable how quick I got used to it after first go it felt like I'd always had one my mate was on the spanner and I don't want blow my own trumpet but I did 3 times as much as him this morning so my advice is go get yourself one you don't know what your missing

They're quality mate but brace yourself against those who will do everything in their power to prevent you from using one.

My wee mate used mine on his advanced course at NCC.:cool:

I think they're the the best advancement in this indu...ah whatever ya wanna call it since readylok...

They're quality mate but brace yourself against those who will do everything in their power to prevent you from using one.

I've had an IW for a long time as you all know , never ONCE have I been stopped from using it , I have a diary of what I do day to day and note how long I use it, following the advice of our official industry body ....

NASC News

i was thinking of gettin one but heard that they are lookin at baning them coz they **** the fittings up

i was thinking of gettin one but heard that they are lookin at baning them coz they **** the fittings up

Like they are banning 21' tube , I've used mine on lend lease, carillion ,Balvac ,Sisk ,Bam I could go on .

Has anyone got any REAL evidence of a coupler failing due to it being over tightened ? We have all come across them not being done up by spanner

Video of myself striking , it is on another thread somewhere !!

YouTube
YouTube

they are not baning 21s your just not supose to hemp with them. ive just come off a firm where they use them and they balls the thread on the fittings right up

they are not baning 21s your just not supose to hemp with them. ive just come off a firm where they use them and they balls the thread on the fittings right up

Another one ......
Haha not suppose to hemp !!!! Makes me pi$$ my cüñt , who was you on for scared to death access ltd ??
As for the fittings India or china ??

I need good sockets for my impact wrench any ideas

Depends on which IW you are using, get the socket to match your machine. I wasted a few quid buying the wrong one's before I realised that.

In September 2011, TRAD decided to take the radical step of cutting all its stock of 6.4m tubes (21’) down to 5m lengths (and removing all internal spigots from our stock). The decision was taken following an incident where an internal spigot (used to extend the scaffold upwards) failed on a TRAD project, and the 6.4m hemp toppled to ground (fortunately with no injuries).

Many companies instruct their scaffolders not to not hemp 6.4m tubes above 1m high, but this relies on scaffolders’ compliance and there have been several incidents over the years and many safety alerts being sent out without tackling the root cause. TRAD decided last year that was an unacceptable risk and therefore decided to take the decision out of the scaffolders’ hands by removing the hazard (i.e. cutting down the longest tube down to 5m lengths only). The bonus for TRAD was that it also improved the health of our workforce by reducing the manual handling burden on our yard staff and scaffold operatives.

TRAD have also been promoting the removal of 6.4m tubes from the stock of other scaffold companies in NASC meetings and Forum meetings as we consider it in all our best interests to make the scaffold industry as safe as possible for our operatives, our clients’ personnel and the general public.

Timthumb if the spigot failed why withdraw the 21'? Remove the spigot instead.....

No longer Meaty Scaffs available able to handle 21s only my opinion

An art -Balance a thing of the Past (Lean or Meaty could do it )

Last edited:
In September 2011, TRAD decided to take the radical step of cutting all its stock of 6.4m tubes (21’) down to 5m lengths (and removing all internal spigots from our stock). The decision was taken following an incident where an internal spigot (used to extend the scaffold upwards) failed on a TRAD project, and the 6.4m hemp toppled to ground (fortunately with no injuries).

Many companies instruct their scaffolders not to not hemp 6.4m tubes above 1m high, but this relies on scaffolders’ compliance and there have been several incidents over the years and many safety alerts being sent out without tackling the root cause. TRAD decided last year that was an unacceptable risk and therefore decided to take the decision out of the scaffolders’ hands by removing the hazard (i.e. cutting down the longest tube down to 5m lengths only). The bonus for TRAD was that it also improved the health of our workforce by reducing the manual handling burden on our yard staff and scaffold operatives.

TRAD have also been promoting the removal of 6.4m tubes from the stock of other scaffold companies in NASC meetings and Forum meetings as we consider it in all our best interests to make the scaffold industry as safe as possible for our operatives, our clients’ personnel and the general public.

Or just remove the bozo ......

has any one with a impact wrench ever stripped a thread becouse i havent in 1 year,ive taken the odd nut of but it goes back quick

Top Bottom