Middle East or Australia (1 Viewer)

Think I will stay in the middle east Fred. seems to suit me and the wife enjoys Bahrain so happy days.

How do you guys find gigs in Middle East? Coming from Canada we never get updates on these jobs? Do you fellas get recruited from UK originally or/...?

to bhamer,

I think the answer is in your question mate, truth is the world over large professional companies will always look to recruit scaffolding professionals at management level from the UK, the reason is very clear these guys have the best background knowledge and quality training, and are far superior to employees from any other country. no disrespect intended but I do not think any Canadian or American scaffold company could demand much respect standing alongside the companies in the UK, you just need to take a look on here at some of the pictures posted by our members and ask yourself truthfully have you seen these scaffolds in Canada.
A CSCS/CITB gold card does make a big difference when guys are trying to find their first job opening in the Gulf,once here and done a few years then it definately is a lot easier to move around.

Gordon.

Aye, cheers Gordon. Honestly haven't seen any of the photos on here actually, only few that people critisize. That being said, we do have some crazy intricate scaffs in Canada, around the oil refineries/plants/ hanging from bridges etc. But yes I understand that UK is kinda where scaffolding spawned. UK's proximity to the ME with respect to Canada might have something to do with it as well no? Or the fact that there is much competition in UK for scaff jobs, with low pay therefore all yer "elites" seek to go elsewhere. Albeit, there are LOADS of ***** scaffs in Canada too, who bought their ticket because they knew the trainer (or business agent if Union) in their area. Thanks for the input Gordon, and part of the reason I was asking is that I now live in Sweden and ME is prob closer to me then Canada. wouldn't mind finding a rotation job somewhere down that way. Any leads or places i could look. And yea Fred, one thing I noticed on my short stay in Oz was the hiked prices... not fond. Thanks guys... Oh, Gord linkk me some photos if ya could mate, love lookin at crazy scaffolds out of curiosity if nothing else. Cheers.

could ya just fly back to Phillipines for days off Fred?

Yea thas what I was thinkin... and as management they won't put you up somewhere in Oz? Dam... get a house share with someone whos on your back shift or something... All the best.

Top Bottom