personal liability insurance (1 Viewer)

green army

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the above,work for a small firm doing mainly street work,we have to pay for our own damages.any advice??

I take it your self employed?

Don't think it's too expensive for single users, just google the usual suspects.

I take it your self employed?

Don't think it's too expensive for single users, just google the usual suspects.

thanks AOM ,i am on CIS .Give us a clue on the usual suspects,not bright enough to work it out for myself,thanks

No worries, just start using your high street broker most offer some sort of liability for all trades. There are a couple on the forum but even better would be to find out who the boys already on the firm use. Don't over do the thing, cheap and cheerful for this type of cover despite what the brokers tell you.

No worries, just start using your high street broker most offer some sort of liability for all trades. There are a couple on the forum but even better would be to find out who the boys already on the firm use. Don't over do the thing, cheap and cheerful for this type of cover despite what the brokers tell you.

thanks

Any time, hope you get something.

How's the job?

Even though you are self employed you are still covered by there insurance because you are not turning up to a job with your own equipment IE tube and fitting.
There is information about this on employer responsibility websites

Even though you are self employed you are still covered by there insurance because you are not turning up to a job with your own equipment IE tube and fitting.
There is information about this on employer responsibility websites

This is correct. If you are on site and acting in an employee function/role - for example taking instruction from the scaffold firm and working from their drection and control - then you are covered under the employers liability insurance.

they may ask you to take out your own insurance, which would then in alleviate some of their cost, but in the event of a claim, they are the employer.

Top Bottom