pontefract shocking (1 Viewer)

That about sums up Pontefract pal. I was born and raised there until leaving for Barnsley :S

He could have dropped a propper bollok and moved to Washington.

idiots were do they get there brains from that must be a set up for the forum

I took this picture it was a job in Leicester,nothing wrong with us ponte scaffs lol

its the only time you need a harness on a ladder lol!!!

I personally dont think it will be long untill you have to wear an harness and clip onto an inertia block to climb and external ladder

Its been mandatory to do that even on internal ladders on CB&I projects in Australia for a few years now. I would assume it is a group policy which will be in effect all over the globe.

Last edited:
Its been mandatory to do that even on internal ladders on CB&I projects in Australia for a few years now. I would assume it is a group policy which will be in effect all over the globe.

Been a good few years since worked on a cb&i project.

It is a good thing i think what is your opinion on it?

I witnessed a lad carrying 3 8 foots up a ladder at the weekend the ladder must have been positioned about 1 in 7 it brought back memories.

Glad i moved onto oil and gas

I have mixed views on it.
Obviously they have mitigated any risk involved in climbing ladders which is a good thing as so many falls from height are from ladders and often misreported as scaffolding incidents.
However as someone who cut my teeth in the industry carrying gear up ladders I also feel that if someone is unable to get just himself up and down a ladder without falling off then should he be allowed to be in the construction/petrochem industry?

There are many questions that need to be asked at a much higher level.
Questions about why the government needs to advise people to open windows if it is hot, to put warm clothes on when it is cold etc. etc.
The nanny state has really taken over and its a wonder that anyone can actually get out of bed without having to have done a course or read an advice pamphlet.

Top Bottom