What's easiest to put up for a single hander? (1 Viewer)

Saddold Git

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what to buy (s/h) for general work up to 20ft or so. I do need to bridge a long gap over a conservatory, so if I'm going for towers, (but not necessarily) I'll need 2 of them plus more bits. There's a confusing choice of stuff around, ally is obviously easier to lift about, but any opinions on whats the easiest and most versatile to work with if you're on your own appreciated.
Plus what to avoid!

deffos ally beams across a conservatory..... if you are on your own and the span isn't too big, you should be able to bridge the towers if you are a big lad...lol..

as james said ally beams its safer if there was two of you at least if one of you know what your doing were you at m8te mite be abell too help out

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

if its a DIY job then call about for a price from a scaff firm and if you fill compenent in puting up your own scaff kuick and simple two wide boy boss ally towers (hire shop) two ally beams maby more depends on the lenth transoms hand rail fix the beams to the towers with boubles tie the towers to the house wide out rigers to spread the load out over the beams/towers sorted PS dont forget braceing you need to brace to stop twisting and moving get a level on the two towers some comee with costers if so lock them off if it has jack legs then get them level use sole boards if its on soft ground to spread the load
sorry for spelling

Alloy towers,and try to get a couple of spandecks to bridge any spans..

Two boss ally towers with outriggers two 20` spandecks (depending on span ) two 21` tubes with doubles for handrail and a couple of butts to hit wall for stability .
It`s not the prettiest but it is the easiest way , cheers .

I'm trying to decide what to buy (s/h) for general work up to 20ft or so. I do need to bridge a long gap over a conservatory, so if I'm going for towers, (but not necessarily) I'll need 2 of them plus more bits. There's a confusing choice of stuff around, ally is obviously easier to lift about, but any opinions on whats the easiest and most versatile to work with if you're on your own appreciated.
Plus what to avoid!

Here's something that may help.........give Scaffy Dooooo a call and take him into your gang..............he's a big strong lad and really keen..........so then it may not be such a struggle for you...:idea:

You will complete the job quicker and get a good reputation with possible referrals for further contracts....;)

Top Bottom