scaffolders olympics,interested? (1 Viewer)

philwatts

Reaction score
Alright, all those scaffs out there ,i am trying to organise a scaffolders olympics in the north west ,i have the venue organised,of course its on a pub field ,i have a couple of sponsors who are very interestd, looking forward to see what everyone thinks? ,thanks phil.

Sound interesting Phil... Only slight drawback i can forsee is in my experience any more that two scaffs in a boozer at the one time is a recipe for disaster!

very true mate,but if the prizes are worth winning,ale for dogs, at the end of it, and plenty of punch ups,ha;

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

can you throw a 20ft independent up in the same time,if so i have you a start tomorrow.

Sounds like it would be a good laugh.

A similar event used to be held until about 15 years ago i think.

A word of warning though mate :- If anyone gets hurt (which is reasonably likely in the circumstances,) then the organisers will be held responsible.

Yes I know I'm a boring Kunt - but it's worth considering -You'll never get insured either.

Good luck.

Phil

come agen you lost me

if you can put a scaffolding up in the same time as you can drink a pint ,you have a job tomorrow?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Sounds like it would be a good laugh.

A similar event used to be held until about 15 years ago i think.

A word of warning though mate :- If anyone gets hurt (which is reasonably likely in the circumstances,) then the organisers will be held responsible.

Yes I know I'm a boring Kunt - but it's worth considering -You'll never get insured either.

Good luck.

Phil
only cisrs scaffolders showing tickets will be able to enter,the insurance might be a problem mate ,i will have to see if i can sort something with local companys to pay the insurance ,dont forget it mite only go over 2days,ps just like working for cash, no insurance?

Scaffold Olympics

Hi

They did hold some sort of Scaffold competition, but not sure what the events where.

Hopefully somebody on here will remember more of the details.

Good luck and all the best.

Chris Eng:)

philwatts

T.V. and Documentary Film rights---you got to record for posterity---most young Scaffs think that the Scaffolding Olimpics are just an urban myth.

What an event---thats where Ledgends are born---:nuts:

philwatts

T.V. and Documentary Film rights---you got to record for posterity---most young Scaffs think that the Scaffolding Olimpics are just an urban myth.

What an event---thats where Ledgends are born---:nuts:
hi gary ,i have heard a lot about the olympics over the last 20 years in the industry,most of my family are scaffs ,old school,some of the best,your right,it would make a cracking documentary,it would be 2 days of pravardo.

Who gives a **** who can do what
who can top a long out with a five on his kness with his cock in his hand whistling dixie
who cares
what about who can put up the quickest 20 ft independant in record time
if your that good get on price
who gives a ****
ive been scaffolding for 19 years and i know that the ones who say there this or there that usaully means they know **** all

and thats a fact

Went to one in Carshalton some 16 years ago, at the football club. 20ft independant 2 lifts free standing was one event, how many five fts you could lift, ( 16 was the record I think, not so much the weight but the tube slide out as you lift). Highest hemp, standing a long up with the longest tube joined in the end, tossing the 13" board & an obsticale course. The most popular was fighting between the two beers tents.

In London back then thats all the scaffolders used to do, drunk or not!!!!:evil::blink:

Ragscaff

its not all about that its a time for all scaffs over the glob (maybee) to unight in one place maybe get some reps there too and some PPE sopplyers & Construction Skills Certification pople to have a chat so the new age of scaffs like me get a good look at the trade toolbox talks promo's yer the games sound good to me iv no cards as yet but put my name down and i shore as damed will be there too set it all out and help out i know a guy that do's markkees (over sized tents)
iv got 500w site lights when it gets dark

TV - Thats an idea

Idea

We had a guy from a TV company contact us about wanting to do a documentary about scaffolding.

They had done the trawlerman, axemen series, that sort of thing.

Think we were too safe in the UK to be interesting enough, they always want drama and danger.

They wanted more danger like the bamboo stuff in China, etc.

Good luck, would be good to see a video of the event though.:idea:

Chris Eng

They want to come to Cornwall we have only invented the skateboard. We know no danger:laugh::eek:

I remember these games from about twenty years ago , there was the highest top out or hemp as you southerners would say and the longest bombay whip (stand a long tube up without touching the ground) I think the record for that was 33`and build the fastest independent , there were also strength tests such as carrying the most boards or tubes.
I for one would be up for this and I don`t feel 3.7 secs is anywhere near good enough pint downing time . My squad awaits the shout .

who gives a feck---I give a feck---these events are a source of pride and rankings---like under ground Cage Fighers---Scaffolders are competative---and every one is a contender...

Well said Rambo Adams. I give a feck 2. Where has all the fun gone. We use to see who could cut a tube the fastest with pipe cutters then hacksaws. See how long it took to cut through a 13" board with a swiss army knife. most guys took part for the laff but there was always the ones that said it was stupid it was usualy them that sat in the tea shack in the corner by themselves

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Q-SO8LyrQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=rp3mw6nxnL4]YouTube - Scaffolders Dave & Keith throwing olympics.mp4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mo_O9-wvyk&feature=related]YouTube - Board Stupid at Blueridge[/ame]

Top Bottom