Tg20:13 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

I was originally informed. That it would be ready by end of Oct 12 I've now been informed its been put back till March/April next year. Can somebody confirm please.

I heard they've scrapped it.

You wish :bigsmile:

I was originally informed. That it would be ready by end of Oct 12 I've now been informed its been put back till March/April next year. Can somebody confirm please.

That is how I understood it from the regional meeting last week. In the grand scheme, it should be worthwhile as the delay will allow time to include some basic birdcages, access and loading towers, bridging and fans in the new revision, rather than having seperate guidance notes as originally planned.

i thought it was 2013 anyway. every five years i was told

Everyone likes a few months to digest the changes before some jumped up wee agent starts demanding them.

You will be lucky to see it in 2013 word on the street NASC new safety person is in a bit of a state and the great Ken Cain has him on the run.

You will be lucky to see it in 2013 word on the street NASC new safety person is in a bit of a state and the great Ken Cain has him on the run.

Do they actually ask people like Ken Cain and Alan Reade to give input?

Cos if they don't they fookin should!!!!

I take it tg20 is written by some sort of committee

yep sure is ...a self appointed, self regulating,self governing.....opps sorry i missed out a self important one lololol

my opinion, how does a designer help with tg 2013 they are governed by it when designing arnt they? and it it wern't for so many jobs needing designed they would be out of work and so if they did have in put surely eveyr job would then need a design? hows abpout getting some working scaffs on the board an here a working scaffs point of view no retired havent been working in the industry fro a few years and even then i was a supervisor for 20 years so aint been on the spanner for nearly 30 years nobs

welcome to the forum - Aaron. Why dont you introduce yourself formally on the forum!

cna anyone tell me when the new tg20 is coming out - its been long aticipated !!

Do they actually ask people like Ken Cain and Alan Reade to give input?

Cos if they don't they fookin should!!!!

I have been on the phone today asking about TG20:13 and when it is to be issued but not good news.
:08 is some what inadequate and the delay in :13 is an issue.
There were some gaping holes in 08 which I hope have been filled when 13 finally arrives.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

my opinion, how does a designer help with tg 2013 they are governed by it when designing arnt they? and it it wern't for so many jobs needing designed they would be out of work and so if they did have in put surely eveyr job would then need a design? hows abpout getting some working scaffs on the board an here a working scaffs point of view no retired havent been working in the industry fro a few years and even then i was a supervisor for 20 years so aint been on the spanner for nearly 30 years nobs

They are not governed by TG20 this is for standard scaffolds. Engineers/Designers are required for works outside TG20.

It is of no advantage to an Engineer to be drawing basic scaffolds as this only keeps him from his target work which tends to be more complex.

Scaffold Designers/Engineers have been around longer than T&F so there is little chance of them ever being out of work I'm afraid. There are very few if any scaffold structures that have ever been built that were not the subject of some Engineering input at some time in the past and whilst the Scaffolders input is of great value as always it comes down to what you can prove on paper and not what you can build from experience.
regards
Alan

It's not the TG:thingy that governs design; that's covered by the current standards. The TG's are like the old ACoPs and approved docuents used to be, as in, if your job is within the documents scope then Building Control would not require you to consult with an Engineer. If only they'd thought a bit harder about what they were doing before they published it.

Top Bottom