Best way to greese a coupler? (1 Viewer)

Eiraus

Reaction score
Hey Lads

Whats the best way ye have use to oil a coupler?

The boss man recently bought a couple of thousand of the rustist looking couplers ye ever did wraped a spanner around.

The last crowd I worked for had some sort of jig with a drill. I never use it myself though.

Also what sort of oil works best /cheapest.

Thanks in advance, ye will be saving me an assload of work!

Get them shotblasted,all of the paint and rust will come of,and save a 5hitload of face pulling and swearing..lol

tip them in a bin pour diesel over them then set them alight this wll burn all the rust off then oil with a product call scaffys(rather xpensive mind) and hopefully then you can sit back smoke a big cigar and drink champers as your work will be done in half the time........................HAPPY DAYS MATEY

greasing fittings

mix parrafin and engine oil(new) 50/50 and spray the threads the parrafin thins the oil so it soaks into the thread where the nut is. eventually the parrafin evaporates leaving the fitting oiled. not like scafeeze that all evaporates and leaves the threads worse than before

I have found this the most effective way to service rusty old fittings . Get yourself a cement mixer , throw some diesel in or some other lubricant and run for twenty minutes . Use an old mixer because it will give it a bit of a bashing . If you cant do this then burn them in diesel then lube them .

Build a big bone fire and burn the sh1t out of them---then as scaftec says 50/50 ( auld ways are the best ) then if your feeling up for it finish them off by runing down and a wee wire brush---I'd only go to that trouble if they were sprung steel or droped forged...

Old cement mixer, smash out the fins inside throw in the fittings with a bit of deisel & engine oil along with large size gravel. Turn it on & it will sort itself:nuts:

Ragscaff

heat on fittings

i'd be a bit wary about putting mills fittings in afire as they're a spring steel fitting they're heat treated before use and high temps can take the temper out of the steel weakening it. for this reason they should never be welded as you sometimes see on the landings when they double up portakabins.so in future don't walk by, stop management putting themselves in danger and point out that the landing could collapse at any time. also its the reason recip blades dont last if you use them at full speed. if you buy them yourself try cutting on no3 and use some pipefitters cutting paste. the record is 50 cuts anybody beat that?

Top Bottom