Design Drawings (1 Viewer)

MWCumbria

Reaction score
Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what requires a design drawing with regard to scaffolding chimneys on domestic properties?

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what requires a design drawing with regard to scaffolding chimneys on domestic properties?

MWCumbria I suppose the definitive answer is
all scaffolds require a design :sad:
TG20 give us a general design for most scaffolds
but not a chimney access :embarrest:

and i'm sure a scaffold designer could charge you a fortune for a stack with the site visits, and the roof surface strength would need to considered ...........etc. etc. etc.
probably more than your getting for the job!

Yeah that's the trouble. Either it makes the job too expensive for the householder or some cowboy wins it on price. **** when you're trying to do it right. The regs make it more likely that accidents will happen due to incompetence.

If you can supply the designer with as much information as possible you may negate the need for a site visit. Photos are really handy for this.

What is the purpose of the job? is it part of a rebuild or just for a bit of repointing?

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

worth getting some generic drwgs done, side on stack, centre stack and ridge stack....cost between £250-£350 each and normally would cover most works required,small additions would be xtra of course but if you do a lot of stacks by putting a few £££ on the price to cover the cost it wont take long to get ur money back, cover urself with a line in your RAMS stateing its the builders responsibility to check the load ability of the roof in conjunction to ok your generics as fit for his purpose

Also pretty sure you need roof calculations for scaffold

Top Bottom