Scaffolding Design (1 Viewer)

mvsa5

Reaction score
Hello, i'm a graduate civil engineer looking to gain some scaffolding design knowledge by either going on a training course or working for free for a short period with a scaffolding firm, ideally based in and around Rochester.
Please also advice me on the best user friendly scaffolding design software for beginners.
i'm willing to learn from experienced scaffolding designers who can teach me scaffolding designs in return for a small fee.
Please help me by offering genuine advice.
Thanks
mvsa

mvsa,

There is no such thing as 'scaffold design software' just as there is no such thing as 'steelwork design software'. There are structural analysis packages and CAD drawing packages and also scaffold estimating software but no software that can actually design scaffolding. The only way to learn scaffold design is to work alongside an experienced scaffold design engineer for a minimum of 2 years, preferably more, and take advice from experienced scaffolders and safety reps about construction. I would also recommend doing CISRS scaffold courses to learn how it all fits together. My company has recently employed 2 graduate engineers to train alongside us experienced engineers and so have a couple of other companies in the industry; I would recommend you try to get a position as a trainee or graduate engineer with a large scaffold company or scaffold design consultancy as this is the only way to learn.

Hello every one. Can any one help me with the following thing:
how many unsupported Unit beams can be joint together max (Unit beam is 3,6m long).

if you need more info to answer let me know.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Your question is poorly put and there is a lack of information to enable an answer.

Ok, lets go this way:
the scaffold bridge will be for light duty purposes. scaffold will be erected above 7 meters width river. The scaffold Unit beams will be supported only at the each line end on to scaffold tower (1,5x1,5m in square) and additional short scaffolding tubes will be placed at each (top and bottom) joint place of Unit beams fixed with 6 numbers of swivel coupler (3 nos at the each side of joints)

Is this better???

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Ok, lets go this way:
the scaffold bridge will be for light duty purposes. scaffold will be erected above 7 meters width river. The scaffold Unit beams will be supported only at the each line end on to scaffold tower (1,5x1,5m in square) and additional short scaffolding tubes will be placed at each (top and bottom) joint place of Unit beams fixed with 6 numbers of swivel coupler (3 nos at the each side of joints)

Is this better???

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Ok, lets go this way:

Is this better???

SGB 3.66m Unit beams max Span 14.63m = 4 beams
Design required

Satement
The scaffold Unit beams will be supported only at the each line end on to scaffold tower (1,5x1,5m in square) and additional short scaffolding tubes will be placed at each (top and bottom) joint place of Unit beams fixed with 6 numbers of swivel coupler (3 nos at the each side of joints)

Answer
Insufficient

Mikhail,
As stated by stella fella there is a lack of information to give an accurate response, especially regarding what the bridge will be used for and where it is situated. All bridging jobs technically require a design anyway as there are no standards that allow you to build a job like this without a design. Unit beams should never be spliced using tube and swivels, especially as it is easier, quicker and stronger to bolt them through the pre-drilled holes. I would suggest that if you work for Cape (as indicated by your user name) you contact their design department for a design.

:worried::worried:It seems you all know me but I don't know you!

Anyway - thanks for the mention (trust the job was alright whateveer it was?:blink1:)
Back to the original post - I know this is an old thread but if you are prepared to work for free and do long hours then of course we would love to hear from you...

Pm me or see website for details.

Top Bottom