Scaffolding in WA Australia.... Anyone?! (1 Viewer)

bmaher

Reaction score
Whats all the gossip then on scaffolding in WA? are they in need of scaffolders there, could one find a job (mining or oil/GAS) or are those positions usually locked up regulars? Anyone with some good info on the whole scene out there please drop me a line. Am considering heading out there and would like to know what to expect. thanks

I'm goin to meet my mate in 2 wks as I think he has a job lined up in the mines an me an my mate are gona go with him but any info I'll post on here

Right on mate. Where about are ya now then? And the job yer suppose to have a shot at, is it maintenance work or shutdown? Any idea what rates er gonna be like/ take home a week or whatever? Roster? LOL I know ya said any info you'll post it, but just curious if ya have details or probabilities as of now. I don't wanna go all the way (am in Sweden right now but am Canadian) down to Oz and end up workin for like 20-30$/hr in the city, like one guy opened my eyes to the fact that it could may well happen. Imagine Perth expensive city too... Keep me in the loop pal...

Immgoin to see him next wk an ill get all the info there an from wat he said on the phone he wants to be there by Christmas so will know more then as he has worked every were but wen I find out I'll let u know an I won't go unless the rates are worth it as I work on price at the mo an don't do to bad on that I'll ad u as a friend so I don't so can pm u with info wen I get it all mate

perfect mate. Tho I am on time constraint. My visa will expire on Oct 7 if I don't enter the country. I have a subclass 417 working holiday maker visa but must activate on or before Oct 7. Where are you at the moment, and what is your working status for Australia?

I'm still in uk at the mo he is sorting it all out for us an he lives 40 miles away so in on phone a bit so were goin down his next wk end an stayin a wk end so know more then mate

Right on mate. Where about are ya now then? And the job yer suppose to have a shot at, is it maintenance work or shutdown? Any idea what rates er gonna be like/ take home a week or whatever? Roster? LOL I know ya said any info you'll post it, but just curious if ya have details or probabilities as of now. I don't wanna go all the way (am in Sweden right now but am Canadian) down to Oz and end up workin for like 20-30$/hr in the city, like one guy opened my eyes to the fact that it could may well happen. Imagine Perth expensive city too... Keep me in the loop pal...

There is no guarantee of getting on the higher paid mining and gas projects. There are may scaffolders already there desperately looking for an opening at the moment. For example on Pluto which was the major construction project in Australia at the time there were approx 350 scaffs employed out of a total estimated to be 14000 with tickets in WA alone. There are many more in the Eastern States. I was called yesterday by a former supervisor of mine who said there is a lot of work expected to come off in the future.He is just managing on lesser money at the moment. Remember to have good references as the Aussie companies do call and check them and also the client may call to verify that the reference given to the company was genuine.

It's the same as most places, Macca, if you know someone your in.

Looks like Havespannerswilltravel is the man, lots of good posts on the subject.

Everyone from the uk knows someone in wa now, or theres always the Force!

Yea havespanner is the man, he does indeed have a lot of good advice. I am just still caught in limbo whether to go or not. Woman only thing holding me back really, hard to leave her here. So it does sound like there's work coming up in the future then? Whats life like in Perth, anyone?

HSWT, Perth is very expensive, try and book into a hotel mid week, Rio , BHP and Woodside have the town booked out.

If your name was Mary and you ride into Perth heavily pregnant on a donkey mid week, you'd be told theres no room at the inn!

Sounds good HSWT. With that in mind, I might rock down and at least open my visa, its good then for 12 months from the day I enter. What type of projects you referring to, FIFO, construction, mines...? Cheers mate.

looks like it's going to get a bit quiet coming up to Christmas though.

FMG, Rio and BHP are pulling back to give Julia Gillard a hard time, coming up to elections like.

Top Bottom