tube and clip or layher (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Hi
Been working with tube and clip now for roughly 22 years and i have pretty much done all types of jobs from building sites to high rises and hangers ,raking shore and all industrial and there is nothing you cant do with tube but now the company i working have invested in a whole heap of layher and they are pushing it for most jobs but what i am finding is that i still problem solve in tube and find myself mixing the two together which makes the job look the dog doo .
The only thing i think layher is good for is speed if you have all the components .
Do any of you think the same thing ?

Yea I would agree there Paul, Layher/Cuplock/quickstage is great for long square buildings that are not too high, I used to hate chaining up layher standards those lugs catch everything whereas a 21ft tube glides up. Most firms change to layer because it is faster and you could have one decent scaff and a load of labourers, its all about labour costs I suppose. The initial investment is massive and if you have a yard full of t & f I can't see the point realy but it does have its place. We have t & f and cuplock, the cuplock is used for bricklayers scaffolds i.e long straight runs inside up and down in a day or so, we can be more competative with the price like this,we also run a large brickworking company and a lot of Quantity surveyors like the brickwork scaffolds in with the brickwork package mainly because the bw contractor can't blame the scaffold contractor if there is a delay,it makes sense.
T& F is so much more versatile but you need good scaffs that are fully trained this is where the labour costs increase as it is slower than System , in effect you have more expensive labour taking a longer time to complete a job.With system you could have 1 decent scaff watching over a load of labourers or trainee's doing the job in less time.
System scaffolding is great if you have all the right bits but I always find the other trades do tend to alter the scaffold to suit themselves i.e. knocking handrails out to load out but never knocking them back in properly, very dangerous practice especialy with our european friends who seem to do what they like .
When it comes to mixing system and T & F the old 70'S tv public awareness advert about "cross-ply and radial" tyres springs to mind ! DON'T DO IT

quickstage went with a m8te too enfild last week to strike a load of quickstage pick it and sort it ready for the yard all the boys was slaging it down **** stage was my first time on the stuff not to bad i gess like T&F better .
but all the eu workers f**king it up layed 5 off mite be back there next week stiking more as the site is raping up and moving london work is ok sitting in the mess and the
banksman was saying a load of the stuff was niked off site two weeks back inside job gess it happens

i agree totally system has its uses,but if there is anything in the way then its ****.one of the other members quotes that you can have one good scaff watching over a bunch of trainees,i would like to ask how the trainees are going to learn when they are only getting to use this crap after the GOOD SCAFF has based out and levelled it out.
system scaffolding has been in use in scotland for the last 20 years for new build sites and the brickies love it because they dont need to bend when you have the hop up inside boards.
real scaffs avoid these jobs like the plague up here as the boys working there are no more than labourers and the money is reflected

Top Bottom