engineering (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
im looking at doing a engineering course, thinking of going towards scaffold design, but want to do it distance learning, does any of you guys know where to go for this course?

many thanks
mick

Morning OB
you may be able to learn the basic principles of Structural Engineering at distance but the application thereof I think you would need to be close to someone with experience.
Scaffold Design I am unaware of any course that will adequately teach you scaffold design. You would need to be taught by existing players in a full time roll for learning how to apply practical knowledge.
When I started you had to do 5 years of day release plus one evening a week at the same time as learning your trade from guys who had been doing the job for 20 years before you.
You could do a full time Structural Engineering course which would take a couple of years but then you would need to start learning again how to apply that to scaffolding whilst learning how it goes together.
You could do worse than knock on a few existing Scaffold Engineers doors most are always looking for willing candidates.
Not trying to deter you fella just advising, good luck with your mission should you choose to accept it.
Regards
Alan

Top Bottom