Irish in Canada (1 Viewer)

AMck

Reaction score
Hi there
We might be moving to Vancouver Canada and just wondering if there is any Irish Canadian forums or websites for me to contact people put there. It's a big move for us we have 4 kids oldest only 7 so wanted to check out which area/schools is best etc..
Thanks

Hi there
We might be moving to Vancouver Canada and just wondering if there is any Irish Canadian forums or websites for me to contact people put there. It's a big move for us we have 4 kids oldest only 7 so wanted to check out which area/schools is best etc..
Thanks

have a look on here mate Canada : British Expat Discussion Forum
vancouver is expensive , but you can ask away on this forum and people there will help you out, canadians are very friendly, so wouldn't get too concerned about meeting Irish people over here, you may find your CISRS cards mean nothing over here though, not sure about vancouver.. you will also need to join the union, Google is your friend to find all you need, I would recommend paying an immigration consultant as scafolding isnt classed as a trade out here, so you will have to explore other visa options, took us nearly two years to get our residency, if you need any advice I will help you all I can mate..

Good luck its a beautiful country...

Thanks Cassie
Will have a look at that forum he has job offer fro a company which will pay for flight and visa etc and digs for him do he prob give it a go and see what happens for a couple of months then we will decide whether to follow!

Good luck, not sure what visa he will be getting, I'd check stuff out as its quite difficult getting over here, if he does though he can earn $3,500 a week in Alberta ( west canada ) thats about £2,700 a week.. 3 on 1 off...

Top Bottom