Federations (1 Viewer)

mart62

Reaction score
Looking around various scaffolding websites a lot of firms are now members of lots of different federations

Just wondered which ones are worth joining and how difficult they are to join.

I suppose NASC gives you the best company profile above them all.

Martin

a lot of the big firms like millers or bam will not touch a firm unless they are nasc regesterd. plus it helps the young lads coming through becouse each firm has to have so many trainess on there books. the nasc firms are all suposed to have the same over heads so as to create an equall priceing system and putting are wages in line with other trades like brickes and such like.in time it should be a good thing

NASC yes it is access oriantated then there is numerous others like IIP Investors In People which proves you are a company that invests in its workforce and modern techniques and equipment, IIp is also a good course to claim grants for well worth looking into.

you also will notice management systems like ISO , OSHAS etc etc which in the right company doing high profile work are brilliant for helping open doors for big contract works government , local authority etc etc but if you a smaller company dont immediately go for them there is better ones more financially to go for first but do build towards these,

chas is a good tag to have on your paperwork it shows you hav been audited on your safety procedures among other things and you do the main stuff as it should be done, this also gets you a helping hand onto council, government contract work.

all can be time consuming , possibly expensive but good in long run , depending what work you are doing or what you want to do , doint just jump into it though check them all out and see which one fits your business best ok

I would say your right in what you say regarding nasc providing a better image especially for a small operation like my own. I would say the larger contractors coming in to my area with no local knowledge seem to take some comfort in our membership.

As for the contractors claiming to use only certified members on their sites they easily circumnavigate that particular issue with ease by getting one of their subbies to employ the scaffolder allowing them to use cheaper firms. It wont happen on all their sites, but when it suit's them they will have no hessitation in bringing in the monkey's.

Top Bottom