Impact wrench hilty

macca1394

Reaction score
Could anybody help me as would like any info on the best place to buy them as see a lot from USA at310 dollers an from hilty uk it's nearly 400 quid if not to rent off hilty tried ringing they say only sell cheers

That's a new one as plenty seem to have leased them in the past. I'm off to Florida in about 3 weeks, do you reckon there could be a wee smuggling racket in the offing.;)

Lol could be as 6 wks minimum wait if u order from America but there almost half price

So is nearly everything. It will more than likely be the exact same but the charger will be different.

When did hilti stop putting these out on contract hire?

I paid£380 all in for mine, arrived next day with life time guarantee. Couldn't live without it now, if ur on price work then it's the way to go. If your just going to work n couldn't give a fuk then stick to the old spanner.

£380 is still a fair chunk of change if you haven't got it Woodsie but you are right, a great investment.

£380 is still a fair chunk of change if you haven't got it Woodsie but you are right, a great investment.

To be honest why would you bother unless ur on price when u could just plod on with ur spanner. The only reason I got one coz I only get paid for the jobs I put up and gets the gear back in the yard faster.

Yeah the company I worked for tested them was gd but never kept them now working for sum one else want sum me an my mate

To be honest why would you bother unless ur on price when u could just plod on with ur spanner. The only reason I got one coz I only get paid for the jobs I put up and gets the gear back in the yard faster.

I suppose being the gaffer means I am always on price but my wee mate isn't and I got him one for the same reason I use mine, the joints are not what they were and a hard days graft is now that bit easier. The young team have been told they will have to learn to twirl a spanner first before even thinking about getting one, that and the fact they were starting to catch us.:embarrest:

Yeah the company I worked for tested them was gd but never kept them now working for sum one else want sum me an my mate

Jobs fly up with a gun mate, literally 2 seconds to thread both bolts on a double. Saves loads of energy. I used to come home nakerd on the spanner makes life a lot easier n makes more money in my case. Jobs a goodun

What did their testing find? Some are still not sure about them.

I suppose being the gaffer means I am always on price but my wee mate isn't and I got him one for the same reason I use mine, the joints are not what they were and a hard days graft is now that bit easier. The young team have been told they will have to learn to twirl a spanner first before even thinking about getting one, that and the fact they were starting to catch us.:embarrest:

I hear u aom same with me, a real small firm but pays the bills n make more since getting a gun plus used to get tendonisis in my arms sometimes so the hilti is a breath of fresh air. These lads that say their shiet are on day rate n don't really care how fast the job goes up.
If I wasn't working for myself why would you bother unless u got some ackes n pains!

Lol aom I ain't met many decent youngens in a wile all ***** down here ahead woodsie saves so much time an effort may order a couple from the states as the price difference is unbelievable for the same drill

Agreed, most of the people I have met with something negative to say have never even used them. There could still be trouble ahead but every time I use mine I think there aint no way I would give this up.

Lol aom I ain't met many decent youngens in a wile all ***** down here ahead woodsie saves so much time an effort may order a couple from the states as the price difference is unbelievable for the same drill

They defo make life easier mate how much are they in the states? I know their made in china maybe asia is the place to look!?

There testing was gd but boss didn't like it as lot of lads whinding the nuts rite off but he work the lads done would of easily compasated for a few fittings now an again

You have to look pretty deep macca but fortunately there are still plenty good young ones out there.

There testing was gd but boss didn't like it as lot of lads whinding the nuts rite off but he work the lads done would of easily compasated for a few fittings now an again

The hilti is bad for that but again reduces with experience. The makita has a far better brake.

Yeah I got one with me he works hard to many ppl at work jus to get paid not to work

Top Bottom