Just build it or wait for the drawing? (1 Viewer)

aom

Reaction score
I've been messed about something chronic this week and it's still only Tuesday.:(

We are waiting on a drawing that really wasn't meant to be done till later on in the week or even next week but due to the large proportion of idiots holding down jobs purporting to be managers we have been left high and dry and have asked a designer to dig us out a hole. Hopefully by the time most have posted their opinion the drawing will be in and we will be on our way but for the mean time we are sitting like eejits to frightened to go out and kick a basic job off in case the drawing comes back totally different.

What would you do, 6 men sitting in the yard and a truck loaded to the backside with gear or just go out and build it as how different could it really be?:rolleyes:

Get it built take a picture do it right and make designer do it to how you've erected it or as close as possible doesn't pay to be sat about

Can't even get a grip of the designer at the moment to get a few basic ideas on bay sizes to let us kick it off but your right that would have been the easiest answer only we are going over 2 roofs and one wants to see a plan and exactly how much weight is going on her roof before letting us up there.

Fair enough far easier before chuffing designs were needed but that's how it is now I suppose

Doesn't mean there is not plenty we could be doing lower down just now though.:(

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Fair enough far easier before chuffing designs were needed but that's how it is now I suppose

Agreed, it's not what it was but lost without them now.

My backside is sore sitting and now I am on these electric fags it's not making it any easier. I have been sitting staring at the e-mail all day think I have square eyes now but yes your right. I did think about kicking it off but I would probably be longer making the changes when the drawing does come in.

No problem, think I have sat around long enough, what time is the Sullivan's on?

AOM cant seem to find the thread about overseas work?? I am still interested. Can I have a couple of months wages now as I dont have credit on my phone. You can send the money by Western Union and then I will get credit and send you my bank account details.
PS Does the all inclusive digs include imported spirits or only local ones?

I was going to send you a tenner but I had already sealed the envelope before I remembered.:cool:

This whole bloody system is backwards. The customer should deal with the designers and get one sent out, then get scaffold firms to price according to the drawing. Then we wouldn't have situations like this!!!

AOM i found this photo of a generic drawing job for scaffolding across roofs , if you follow this you wont go far wrong ;)

2d77m92.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thats brilliant! Why've they topped that tube out it doesn't go anywhere or do anything!!?!?

haha, don't know why I was concerned, it looks exactly like we do it normally, thanks Phil.:D

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

This whole bloody system is backwards. The customer should deal with the designers and get one sent out, then get scaffold firms to price according to the drawing. Then we wouldn't have situations like this!!!

I kid you not Flinty, we did get that a while back and when we went to build the damn thing we asked the PC to cover some flat ancient stones as we would need to put our legs on them as per the drawing, he nearly had a nani noory and told us the drawing was just for guidance and not written in stone. Where the fook have I heard that before?

Thats an old row Flinty , at the end of the day the customer is going to pay for the drawings in the end anyway , so why not get them for the scaffolders to tender, instead of us second guessing everything then finding we have either over or under priced the job.

I kid you not Flinty, we did get that a while back and when we went to build the damn thing we asked the PC to cover some flat ancient stones as we would need to put our legs on them as per the drawing, he nearly had a nani noory and told us the drawing was just for guidance and not written in stone. Where the fook have I heard that before?

Clearly someone who doesn't understand drawings then. They'll moan like f*ck if you deviate from it though! I've been given sh!t drawings before.... 2.2m base life then a 2.7m 2nd lift.... yeah nice real drawing there....

Thats an old row Flinty , at the end of the day the customer is going to pay for the drawings in the end anyway , so why not get them for the scaffolders to tender, instead of us second guessing everything then finding we have either over or under priced the job.

I think it also covers the situation where the firms go to the same designer and he ends up doing multiple copies of the same drawing, may as well just do the 1 and give a copy to the companies competing!

Flinty, are you suggesting that not all the designers are whiter than white and some of their work may not be the crystal clear parchment of pure wisdom they would have us believe.:eek:

Top Bottom