canadian made belts (1 Viewer)

cala

Reaction score
Anyone interested in buying these belts, there made of horse leather and are very thick, best I've seen and that includes the big UK names.. I got mine from a bloke here and they are handmade, reckon full set would be around £150, and before all the tight ******** start..lol.... these sets are the dogs.... I could post them from canada ...

got any pictures of these belts?

I'm using the canadian design just now, which is very good, but I'm giving him my UK belt so he can make a duplicate.. I will post a pic of both once he's done the uk one mate.. they really are great belts.. and i will be making nothing on them, not my style. but if anyone buys one of these belts they will love them and have a set that is far higher grade than ours...

All the Aussie scaffolders I worked with also spent a fortune on belts and tools.

Maybe if they had taken the same amount of interest in actually learning how to use them things would have been a bit easier, but each to their own, I suppose...

All the Aussie scaffolders I worked with also spent a fortune on belts and tools.

Maybe if they had taken the same amount of interest in actually learning how to use them things would have been a bit easier, but each to their own, I suppose...

When I was in Australia i once picked up one of the scaffs belts and slipped a disc. It must have weighed 40kg with all the accessories.

Not really a fortune are they mate ? suppose it depends what some people call a fortune, if your working you have these round your waist 8 hours a day, personally I have no issues with paying for a good belt, but each to their own.. anyway the belts will include.. 1. belt, 2. large tape holder, 3. double frog, 4. single frog, 5, level holder, they will cost me $180 which is around £120 and the postage about £30, so thats £150 for the set, I am making nothing on these, so if anyone moans, they can go **** themselves, but these sets are top quality.... you won't buy better.. they are all hand made in Nova Scotia , Canada, the guy who makes them iss a saddler..

Anyone has any questions pm or ask away..

Cheers
Craig.

I'm sure they are good gear and all the that but why the hell would you waste your time sending belts over from canada for free (not saying you are making anything) when people can buy them here for less than that? Mine cost about 60 quid almost ten years ago and its still going strong.

So is Cala also Deb then?

yeh, lost my original password ages ago and everytime the wife cleans the computer I have to log in again, so its either or..lol.. should have 1,000 posts by now aswell.lol
back to the belts, I'm offering to send them for no profit, as I earn enough and am not interested in making the odd £20 now and then, as I said I don't care if no one wants one, but the offer is there, as for the quality, I'm not naming belt suppliers, however I have belts from the best in the UK, seen the medium range priced ones, and as for the cheaper ones.. like I said your wearing them 40 plus hours a week.... these belts are way superior to any belts available in the UK, thats a fact. This includes an expensive ( in some peoples opinion , not mine ) supplier that everyone on here moans about...lol..

what you want belts for anyway. In my day juast had a bit of string round waist for Podger. think it cost me 2d

Not really a fortune are they mate ? suppose it depends what some people call a fortune, if your working you have these round your waist 8 hours a day, personally I have no issues with paying for a good belt, but each to their own.. anyway the belts will include.. 1. belt, 2. large tape holder, 3. double frog, 4. single frog, 5, level holder, they will cost me $180 which is around £120 and the postage about £30, so thats £150 for the set, I am making nothing on these, so if anyone moans, they can go **** themselves, but these sets are top quality.... you won't buy better.. they are all hand made in Nova Scotia , Canada, the guy who makes them iss a saddler..

Anyone has any questions pm or ask away..

Cheers
Craig.

Well it is a lot when you consider that I bought my first and only belt from Leaches in New Cross back in 91 for about £15.00 and used it quite merrily for 15 years. I am sure it has another 15 years in it still.

I always say that the better you get at scaffolding the less tools you feel the need to weigh yourself down with - which probably explains why most Australian and Canadian scaffolders carry about a hundredweight of pointless tools on their belts, that they don't know how to use properly...

Well it is a lot when you consider that I bought my first and only belt from Leaches in New Cross back in 91 for about £15.00 and used it quite merrily for 15 years. I am sure it has another 15 years in it still.

I always say that the better you get at scaffolding the less tools you feel the need to weigh yourself down with - which probably explains why most Australian and Canadian scaffolders carry about a hundredweight of pointless tools on their belts, that they don't know how to use properly...

That was 21 yrs ago mate, welcome to the present day.lol..

if you worked in canada you would maybe understand why they carry so many toold ( not much more than the Uk by the way ) think you will find the company you stated have put their prices up over the last 21 years a fair bit ( why can't they sell their belts for the same price as 21 yeras ago, I don't understand , and my brain hurts .lol )

Anyway if anyone would like info just let me know,,, if you think its a disgrace to pay "ALL " this for a belt... I understand..lol.. maybe you will get on a decent job one day.. :blink1:

These are the belts, picked it up Sunday, what a place , he hand makes saddles , got some right John Wayne gear lol... $4,000 for a saddle, beautiful though ( if ur into saddles.... ) anyone interested let me know... and yes I forgot my password again, Deb, cala , cassie....same me..

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
That was 21 yrs ago mate, welcome to the present day.lol..

if you worked in canada you would maybe understand why they carry so many toold ( not much more than the Uk by the way ) think you will find the company you stated have put their prices up over the last 21 years a fair bit ( why can't they sell their belts for the same price as 21 yeras ago, I don't understand , and my brain hurts .lol )

Anyway if anyone would like info just let me know,,, if you think its a disgrace to pay "ALL " this for a belt... I understand..lol.. maybe you will get on a decent job one day.. :blink1:

Hey thanks for that little economics lessons. Actually I work out £15.00 in 1991 to be worth a whopping £26.85 in today's prices - so only a mere 22.4% of the purchase price of one of your belts! (Excluding the £30.00 delivery to the UK). Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

Talking of Leaches, I have no interest in what those idiots charge for a belt these days. Back in 91 leaches was a small, traditional tool shop in south London. Either way, I can guarantee that one of their belts isn't £120 today.

As for me 'getting a decent job one day' - The fact is that my position commands a salary far better than any of the jobs that I have seen advertised or discussed on this forum. Nor am I forced to travel 3000-odd miles to a foreign country to seek gainful employment working hundreds of miles from civilisation, in a frozen wilderness. But I do appreciate your concerns.

Maybe when you grow up and stop masturbating over 'premium' scaffolding tools and belts you can concentrate on getting a decent job, too?

Hey thanks for that little economics lessons. Actually I work out £15.00 in 1991 to be worth a whopping £26.85 in today's prices - so only a mere 22.4% of the purchase price of one of your belts! (Excluding the £30.00 delivery to the UK). Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

Talking of Leaches, I have no interest in what those idiots charge for a belt these days. Back in 91 leaches was a small, traditional tool shop in south London. Either way, I can guarantee that one of their belts isn't £120 today.

As for me 'getting a decent job one day' - The fact is that my position commands a salary far better than any of the jobs that I have seen advertised or discussed on this forum. Nor am I forced to travel 3000-odd miles to a foreign country to seek gainful employment working hundreds of miles from civilisation, in a frozen wilderness. But I do appreciate your concerns.

Maybe when you grow up and stop masturbating over 'premium' scaffolding tools and belts you can concentrate on getting a decent job, too?

Have you been drinking with the master? You will be saying you own a million quid house in London and a holiday home in the States next! lol

Top Bottom