insurance (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
how much does scaffold insourance cost these days - if you were to start up any one know?

Public liability is a fair wack if your doing pedestrian routes but if you were to do a bit of stuff round private houses it's worth covering your ass

Use the internet and run some quotes. Stop being a lazy sod Mick.

All I know is it's a fortune, well that and you have to be careful who you use as there is a few cowboy's out there who will leave you holding the baby as quick as look at you. Shop about but remember cheaper isn't always best.

Like AOM says make sure you know what your covered for , because its no good if you need to make a claim finding out you aint covered .
There are some cheap company's out there but you gotta read all the small print before you sign.

Even if you get a quote from a reputable company and you're happy with it, you might be able to reduce the premium by agreeing to a higher excess etc.

Don't forget that if you pay the premium by instalments that might bump the premiums up as well

It's not that expensive to cover yourself,it gets dear when you start adding employees

You can say that again, it was £75 when I started out then after year 2 it went to 15K.

At the moment Insurance is the cheapest is has been for a number of years. Unlike the 2001 - 2003 years when premiums rose 300% + it is more realistic and affordable.
When you speak to the broker/s ensure you are honest and tell them everything, its down to you to be clear and any broker worth their salt should be able to put in place a policy that would cover your needs.
cheers Dave.

At the moment Insurance is the cheapest is has been for a number of years. Unlike the 2001 - 2003 years when premiums rose 300% + it is more realistic and affordable.
When you speak to the broker/s ensure you are honest and tell them everything, its down to you to be clear and any broker worth their salt should be able to put in place a policy that would cover your needs.
cheers Dave.
Hello how much public liability Inshurance would I need to set up on my own e.g 1million 5/10. I would only be doing small jobs to start and would ideally only do small stuff. Cheers

Hello how much public liability Inshurance would I need to set up on my own e.g 1million 5/10. I would only be doing small jobs to start and would ideally only do small stuff. Cheers

It depends on the jobs you would be doing, if any Local authority work or scaffold on the highway/public areas you would more than likely need £5m or £10m limit of indemnity.
Also - if you employ anyone or use agency staff you would need to include employers liability. (any person working under your direct control and supervision)
if you drop me your email address i can email some details over to you.
Dave

I would recommend COL insurance in Croydon. They insure a lot of the NASC members and have a lot of experience in the scaffolding industry. I have never had someone come to the office and explain the whole minefield in such plain and simple terms. There are people out there that will keep the costs down by giving you such basic cover that in the event of an accident you may well end up witout the right cover. Do not go with the cheapest as there is generally a reason that they are so cheap.

Top Bottom